Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Contacting the RSA

Options
  • 06-02-2008 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭

So Im trying to get on to the testing folk to see what the story is with my test (according to the website, its a 16 week wait, been waiting since April now :rolleyes:)

Ive written them a few inquiring emails, sent to drivingtest@rsa.ie - about 2 weeks ago (mid Jan). Gave them a week to get back to me, at which point I started the phone campaign...

Phoned the low call number 1890 406040, Id say, about 40 times over the past week. In these times Ive just had a varying mix of ring-outs, busy tones, and if I do get to the voice menu, the call center is closed. :mad:

In the two rare instances where Ive gotten into the queue to speak to a representative, the effing system has hung up on me. :eek::mad:

So, short of throwing a brick with my inquiry wrapped round it though the rsa hq's front window, any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Try 096 25000. It's the direct line to the Ballina office as listed on their website:

http://www.rsa.ie/CONTACT/CONTACT/Navigation.html

Good chance that you'll get to speak to an operator, and they should be able to put you through to the people you need to talk to.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Waiting since April? Where did you apply? I applied for Finglas at the end of May and got SGS Ballymun in January. My brother applied in November and got a date for Valentine's day.* I can't believe there are still people who haven't got test dates yet who have been waiting 9+ months.

*My brother is too ugly to have a date for Valentine's day :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

Thanks for the suggestions phutyle, though not too sure if I can do out of county calls from work :( (im in dublin)

Applied in churchtown. Thought perhaps the issue was that Im on a bike, and there might be only a certain number of testers that do bikes? Found a bike specific waiting list though, and it also stated 16 weeks... *sigh*

Waited 13 months for my car test ~5-6 years ago :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Wossack wrote: »
    Thanks for the suggestions phutyle, though not too sure if I can do out of county calls from work :( (im in dublin)

There's another Lo-Call number too, that you might have better luck with: 1890 506080 (it's different to the one you mention in your post) that I think directs to the main swichboard in Ballina.

Or you could try your luck with a fax: 096 25252 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

ha, got through on the original number just now (typical! after posting a thread an all)

Yer man says theres a year long wait at the moment, so I just switched my test center location to raheny as its supposedly a bit more bike friendly.

thanks for the help, back to waiting...

• Advertisement
Advertisement