Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat scratching leather chair?

Options
  • 06-02-2008 11:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

I bought a lovely very comfortable leather chair for my computer desk recently but it has been commandeered by my cat who tries to bite me if I take her off it.
    That's probably not such a bad thing as I spend far too much time on the pc but she likes the leather so much she has begun to edge her nails on it so my new leather chair is already looking very much used.

I am sure similar problems have been encountered before by people with indoor cats as she seems to have decided she is. Is there any way of removing the edge from her claws as she will have it destroyed and I cant be watching her all the time. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Just one thing you can do:

Don't buy expensive furniture :D

(Viking do nice leather chairs for 50 euro or under)

Or you could put a blanket over it when you're not sitting in it.

De-clawing cats is cruel and illegal in most countries

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Leather furniture+ cats= scratched leather furniture. You might as well get over it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

The blanket idea is good alright - will give it a try - she can and likes to pull the blankets of the bed too though so we will see how it works out . :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

It's called a distressed look and it's fashionable.

At least that's what my cats tell me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 316 ✭✭JennyG73

I had to get a half door for the house as my two were scratching the doors and architraves.:mad: It worked a treat! :D They love scratching that now and leave the rest of the house alone.

See if you can find an alternative scratching surface for your puss cat.

Good luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement