Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will i tell the doc?

• 06-02-2008 11:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭

I'll be going to the doctor next week for routine stuff. I think i may be depressed so i know i should mention it to the doctor. But i dont know for sure if i'm depressed and i'm sure the doctor has seen worse so she may think i'm complaining for nothing. I also dont know how i would tell a doctor or anyone. I can't bring myself to talk to anyone about it face to face. But i want the bad feelings to stop and it may be my only chance. Maybe someone who has had a similar experience could tell me how they approached the subject with a doctor.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

Tell them about the bad feelings, show them this message, do not minimise your symptoms because you dont want to bother the Doctor, thats what they are there for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

The main problem is that i dont think i can physically talk about it. I was thinking of writing out how i feel and showing it to the doctor but that might look rediculos. Like giving notes to a doctor.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Writing stuff down before hand is probably a good idea actually and if that is the easiest way for you to get across what you want to say without getting flummoxed part way through talking to the doc and not saying what needs to be said. Just having stuff written down for yourself before hand, even if you don't actually give it to them, may help you explain yourself better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

The very thought of going to a doctor scares me. Even if i didnt have talk about this. I know i'll end up backing out of it and getting in and out of there as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

I often have patients who write things down, mostly questions - I also have patients who give me their problems written down, It is very helpful for us, shyness and lack of comunication does not help. . PM me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement