Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overtime Change!

• 06-02-2008 12:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭

Should the NFL change the overtime rules so that both teams get the ball at least once, like in college. I think it would be a fairer system rather than the all important coin flip. Stats are something like 3/4 of teams that win the coin flip win in O/T.

Overtime change 9 votes

Yes, you are right, you are my god, Change It.
    0% 0 votes
    No, its fine the way it is, you are still my god though.
    77% 7 votes
    I Dont Vote In Polls
    22% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

They should have a system of replays, replays, more replays and then FG shootouts. Just like in soccer.

Playing a full overtime period would be better, I think. If the score is still tied then go again. (Another period, not a replay)

I'm not voting in your poll, coz I don't vote in polls. If I selected option 3 then I would be voting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭death1234567

Slow coach wrote: »
    I'm not voting in your poll, coz I don't vote in polls. If I selected option 3 then I would be voting.
    Caught me! I bet you nearly voted for option 3 though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,193 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Caught me! I bet you nearly voted for option 3 though.

Like Brian Westbrook, I stopped on the 1. No, make that 3. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

The way me and my friends play it in Madden is that you have to win with a TD in overtime, no field goals. Whilst I couldn't see such a rule being adopted by the NFL, I think it would be the best option all round.

I think it works really well. You keep that same excitement of a sudden death situation, but you make it much more difficult and fairer on the team that loses the toss. With any sort of an offence, its not that difficult to get into field goal range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,836 ✭✭✭Trampas

In college football both teams get a try from the 25 yard line but only 4 plays or something. If they both get fg they start again until a winner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

i'd like to see an OT quarter. Who ever wins it wins.

A coin flip is a joke imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I like the college rules. Both teams get a possession from the 25 yard line. If scores are tied after 1st OT, then there's a second OT. From the 3rd OT on, teams have to go for a 2 point conversion if they score a TD.

Advertisement