Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why Don't Irish Football Fans Support Other Countries?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Mr Alan wrote: »
    I'll go to a weekday evening kick off Shels game when the season starts up again. (i know its not the EL) PM me sometime when you're stuck for someone to go with and I'll tag along.
    I'm not sure what you mean.

Would a Friday suit? It's when we play games in the eL.

Also, you'd get a better standard of football in the Premier Division, than watching Shels against Limerick or something in the First.

Fair warning and all that.
    All i am saying is that be careful wat you wish for.
    I just want a decent sized, knowledgeable crowd.

Nothing spectacular.

Three or four thousand a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Unearthly wrote: »

You are bland and a broken record, as you do nothing but make the same post. It's even more boring that it's a load of horse**** to.

Yawn!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Unearthly wrote: »
    No you see I never wore a leprechaun costume. That's your definitions right? So you are wrong.

You are bland and a broken record, as you do nothing but make the same post. It's even more boring that it's a load of horse**** to.

No you're wrong, an Olé Olé"er" is a person who supports Ireland (spending mad money on a ticket) and then supports Sell Thick because they're Irish and then sit on a barstool watchin Man U, Liverpool, etc... on a Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

No you're wrong, an Olé Olé"er" is a person who supports Ireland (spending mad money on a ticket)

hahaha :D

I remember you were one of the consumer argument people.

You are either uneducated or very young, but consumers don't look for rip off things. So spending mad money on tickets is a flaw in that crap argument.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

I'm going to create a foruym specifically for people to bitch about each other for supporting the eL or EPL.

Either that or I'm just gonna ban people for starting such trollfests.

Time to flip a coin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Leave it out lads, will yiz ffs.

Scoring points like this is not a discussion.

Make points, back them up, or stfu tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Secondly, you tried to compare Shelbourne's near miss in Champions league qualifying in July / August 2004 as comparable to Ireland's adventures in the 2002 world cup. And I think I made it fairly clear that was not the case.
    That is entirely your opinion. I guarantee that if, say, Drogheda were to qualify for next year's Champions' League group stage, the whole country would go Drogheda-mad, for a few weeks at least.
    ~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Do the masses of Liverpool fans in Norway also follow their local team while organising trips to Anfield in huge numbers? I dunno...
    The average attendance in the Norwegian Premier League has been rising steadily since the mid-90's; in 2006, it was just over 9,000 per game.
    If i went to an EL game tomorrow, abandoned "the scouse" and started to follow solely and EL team, EL fans would then proceed to gimme stick about being a fair weather supporter/band wagon jumper, not as a good a fan as those who'd been following the team years and years.
    Based on my experience, that rarely happens - most EL fans are genuinely happy to see crowds at games. It doesn't really matter where the people come from.
    colly10 wrote: »
    ...how many LOI players are even good enough to get a game for Ireland...
    Pointless argument.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement