Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anchor implants

Options
  • 06-02-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭

Hey everyone, :)

Was planning on getting an anchor implant thingy tomorrow in metal metmorphosis (sp?) tomorrow but after a little search found there's a lot of people unhappy with work there. Was planning on going there cause a friend had them done there and was happy.

So was wondering could anyone recomend there or anywhere else that could do it?

Based in Limerick but travelling to Dublin tomorrow so if Dublin would prefer City center.

Also, does anyone have any experiences of the implants that they could share was planning on getting one on my wrist.

Thanks in advance for any advice, it's really appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭amazingemmet

You could try paddy in bodyshock. Or patrick in celestial. Not sure if they're offering the service to the public yet.

Just as another point you do know if you want to take them out its a much bigger process then putting them in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

micro-dermals / dermal anchors

I had one in my forearm for a few months, hurt a lot getting it done cos the piercer used a needle instead of dermal punch :)

uhm snakebite, bodyshock, wildcat and v piercing in inkwell tattoo are good. people will have different preferences on the places so have a walk about and see who you are happy with.

I know for sure bodyshock do micro-dermals, dunno about the others.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Mary-Ellen

Hey,

Thanks for the quick replys. I was planning on ringing somewhere today to sort out a time but suppose I'll try a few places tomorrow.

@ ammazingemmet: What do you mean a more complicated procedure taking them out? Guess I just assumed they'd make an incision and cut the jewlery out. I'm fine with pain once I'm not in it for too long. :)

@ Wilbert: Being doing a little research and the needle way doesn't sound like the way to go. Any particular reason you had it taken out?

Also I've pretty small wrist, so not sure if they'll def be able to put one in. Is there a problem putting it into areas like that? I'd be pretty disappointed if I got up there to find out I couldn't get it done

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Mary-Ellen wrote: »
    @ Wilbert: Being doing a little research and the needle way doesn't sound like the way to go. Any particular reason you had it taken out?

Also I've pretty small wrist, so not sure if they'll def be able to put one in. Is there a problem putting it into areas like that? I'd be pretty disappointed if I got up there to find out I couldn't get it done

His puppy tore it out... :eek:

As for the wrist, probably not a great place to get such a thing done, because of the degree of movement involved there... but I can only say go and talk to them, maybe call them first to see what they say.

Mary-Ellen wrote: »
    @ ammazingemmet: What do you mean a more complicated procedure taking them out? Guess I just assumed they'd make an incision and cut the jewlery out. I'm fine with pain once I'm not in it for too long. :)

Once its healed and fully its rooted pretty much the same as a transdermal, if you look at bmezine.com and search for some transdermal removal and you can see what will be involved. Its basically most people assume you can remove them the same as a normal piercing but they'll generally leave a bigger scar then the original entry hole when removed.

• Advertisement

if you want it taken out jus tplay with my puppy :p
    yeah it never really healed, i was doing a lot of typing at the time and it would always get bumped or moved. even putting my hands in my pockets was hard because id to watch for the jewelry.

dermal punching i think is the best way, i usednt to think that way but saw some footage of a piercer do it and it was way easier and way quicker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭truthinwords

This is one of the cases where I can say without a doubt Patric is the best person for the job. He was taught to do dermal anchors by a former apprentice who was taught by Sean O'Hare himself (the guy who invented the process and designed the jewelery). I've got one from Patric below my eye that healed perfectly and was pretty much painless. Paddy would be a good alternative but Patric would be your best option.

xtruthx

Hey everyone,

Thanks again for all the replies.

Just had a look at those pics on removal, wasn't expecting it to be that bad but I'll just try cover it up if it's bad.

Did the puppy method of removal leave much of a scar? :P

Just rang Body shock and they only do them with needles so gonna head to Celestial instead. Patrick from there uses both so gonna let him decide which he thinks is best.

The lady on the phone said there might be a problem popping one in my wrist though. So fingers crossed I can get it done :)

Wilburt wrote: »
    dermal punching i think is the best way, i usednt to think that way but saw some footage of a piercer do it and it was way easier and way quicker

From what I've been told this is dependent on the area your getting pierced and a needle could be a better option in some areas.

xtruthx

there is a small purplish scar on my wrist. to be honest i wouldnt recommend getting it done there, but its totally up to you :)

• Advertisement

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

From what I heard too, Patric is the way to go. Bear in mind, its not a permanent piercing - some people tend to have a very high and mighty opinion of dermal anchors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 283 ✭✭popecatapetal

Mark in V piercings doesn't do microdermals. He doesn't think they work, and he won't do anything that won't work. His apprentice got one done in Wildcat, against his advice, and it fell out two weeks later. Cost her quite a bit too. Mark laughed :D

It costs €65 in Wildcat which I wouldn't really call "quite a bit" in piercing terms.

xtruthx

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Mark in V piercings doesn't do microdermals. He doesn't think they work, and he won't do anything that won't work. His apprentice got one done in Wildcat, against his advice, and it fell out two weeks later. Cost her quite a bit too. Mark laughed :D

ha, i think he did it on his arm and let it fall out in its own time, just so he has the scar to show people who come in wanting it done.

Hey everyone, :D
    Thanks again for the advive been meaning to update for ages so here goes:

Got the microdermal implant done in Celestial ring by Patrick a month ago thurs and really happy with it. At least so far so good anyway :p

It was done with a needle and was much quicker and less painful than I was expecting. Cleaning it was a bit annoying though 15 minutes twice a day but suppose it was worth it.

Haven't had much trouble with catching it in stuff. the top ball isn't up much higher than my skin. Just one incident with the embroidery on my pillow. Being half asleep and pain don't mix well :rolleyes: :)

Even changed the ball for the first time yesterday. Was a little nervouse since I'm right handed and it's on my right wrist and the screwie part is teeny but no problems.

Fingers crossed it doesn't reject before I want it out but whatever will be will be.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Best of luck with it and enjoy! :D

It's good to hear about micro-dermals healing well. I've had mine since Christmas without any problems. I've caught it while brushing my hair and a few other times but so far no rejection, no scar tissue. It was the easiest piercing to heal aswell. I'll hopefully be getting some more.

Advertisement