Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vegan Wine

• 06-02-2008 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi,

When I was in New Zealand I noticed that bottles of wine had a note printed on the back of them saying that it was filtered using eggs or fish.

Does anyone have any insight as to whether the wine we get here is put through the same process?

b

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

I don't drink wine so not sure about wine sold in ireland but there is a piece here about wine production in relation to vegetarian and vegans

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

A lot of wines won't be vegetarian due to this process. It's best to ask the company if unsure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 xpunklex

They should have it printed on the bottles. Makes me wonder what else I'm eating/drinking that doesnt mention the like of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

For some reason, alcoholic beverages aren't required to print the ingredients on the bottle...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 xpunklex

I wonder why that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭Mentalmiss

This is a list
    Shortcut to: http://vegans.frommars.org/pocket_guide_to_vegan_wine.pdf
    and another one
    Shortcut to: http://vegans.frommars.org/wine/

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HungryJoe

For people like me who are too lazy to consult the lists, Tesco and Marks & Spencer stock a wide range of wines that are labelled vegetarian. M&S also have some nice veggie port and I'm pretty sure they do champagne too.

Advertisement