Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interested in Joining Macra Na Feirme

Options
  • 06-02-2008 1:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Macra na Feirme is a voluntary organisation for young people between the ages of 17 and 35. The organisation consists of a nationwide network of clubs with five key areas of activity: agriculture, sports, travel, public speaking and performing arts.
    Macra is constantly recruiting new members and is a great way to meet new people from different parts of the country. Almost every weekend there are different activities and competitions organised. There are currently 8 clubs in Meath: Ardcath, Athboy, Enfield, Dunshaughlin, Kilcloon, Longwood, Moynalty and Robinstown/Dunderry.

If anyone is interested in joining macra or looking for more information you can contact me (David Cummins) at 086-4073071 and i will put you in contact with whichever club that is nearest to you. Also check out the website www.macra.ie for more info.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭rimshott

Do i have to bring my own wellies?;)

How many people attend the Ardcath meeting?
    Where is it, in Ardcath? I wouldn't mind learning a bit more about agri-business.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Solberg2005

They hold their meetings in Bennetts pub in Ardcath usually on wednesday nights around 9 o clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

Does anybody have any experience of being a member of macra? Whats it like? What kind of activities do macra clubs do?

I am currently the secretary of Enfield Macra. Ive been in the organisation a little ofer a year and a half now and the one thing i will say about it is the amount of people ive met and got to know not only in Meath but around the county too and the social life that goes with it. There is loads of social outings and competitions. For example next saturday night i am organising a trip to the dogs in mullingar. On sunday there is clay pidgeon shooting organised up in balbriggan and sunday week we ahve organised go-karting and paintballing. Usually after events it ends up in some pub! But basically if someone wants to do something like that we will then organise it. Id be encourage anyone and everyone to join a club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Too old!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭Tableman

I dont know anyone in Macra but it sounds great.DO people join when they dont know anyone there?

Even if you don't know anyone in any Macra club, don't let that put you off joining because we are all a friendly bunch in macra and will make you feel welcome

Advertisement