Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a midi controller

Options
  • 06-02-2008 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭

not a keyboard now, a smallish control surface (and not the uc33e)

preferably with decent build, and infinite rotary pots. faders arent a prerequisite, its basically just to have a central hub to tweak all my outboard filer cut offs/resonance/wet & dry etc

id say even 8-16 pots on her would do the trick, and it doesnt need any note input facility

any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Helix wrote: »
    not a keyboard now, a smallish control surface (and not the uc33e)

preferably with decent build, and infinite rotary pots. faders arent a prerequisite, its basically just to have a central hub to tweak all my outboard filer cut offs/resonance/wet & dry etc

id say even 8-16 pots on her would do the trick, and it doesnt need any note input facility

any ideas?

Why not the Behringer BCR2000? Its actually pretty damn decent asides from the stigma surrounding Behringer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Gumbyman

I know you don't want keyboard but I use a Korg Mikrokontrol and it has lots of faders etc. For the price of it, it may be worth taking a look at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

jimi_t wrote: »
    Why not the Behringer BCR2000? Its actually pretty damn decent asides from the stigma surrounding Behringer.

decent build quality and reliable? it wouldnt be used with a pc either, so dodgy drivers wouldnt be a worry, once the box itself is solid and i can store maybe 12 different presets in it, itd do me fine

only about 120 quid too

I mean fairly solid - as solid as you'd expect at the price. Nothing would really snap off too easily.

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jan05/articles/behringercontrollers.htm

Feck it, at that price you might as well go for it. I'm getting one in the next fortnight after playing around with one in real life.

Did you end up with the behringer in the end? I'm just after seeing CME's new offering

http://www.thomann.de/ie/cme_bitstream_3x.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

nah i didnt get one in the end, i realised i was being retarded

the mpc4000 has a few pots and faders which do the job fine

Advertisement