Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems sleeping.

Options
  • 06-02-2008 1:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭

I've been having problems for ages now, trying to get to sleep.
    When I do get to sleep I have the most frightening dreams, that I end up waking up upset because of.
    Ie. Being surrounded by human sized rats. They're the exact same as a normal rat, but they walk on their back legs, they are black and grey in colour and have longest tails you could imagine. They are everywhere, shops streets... its like they've replaced people and im the only person there.
    I also dream a lot about someone very close to me who died, but they're never dead in my dreams, its just like how it used to be. :(

So waking up and realisiing they're gone is quite scary.
    I also have dreams that my dad has been murdered, although, its not as frequent as the other 2.

Is there anyway of getting better sleep? I have bags under my eyes I could store a weeks shopping in :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Try this thread for a start, in the case of nightmares it usually means there's something in your subconscious bothering u that your not facing up to hence it comes up to the surface when your asleep.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055230329

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

According to dreammoods.ie:

Rats

To see rats in your dream, signifies feelings of doubts, guilt and/or envy. You are having unworthy thoughts that you are keeping to yourself but are eating you up inside. Alternatively, it denotes repulsion. The dream may also be a pun on someone who is a rat.

To see a black rat, represents deceit and covert activities.

To see a white rat in your dream, denotes that in your time of distress, you will receive assistance from an unexpected source.

To dream that a rat is biting your feet, symbolizes the rat race that you are experiencing in your waking life.

And this is what it says about seeing the dead:

To see the dead in your dream, forewarns that you are being influenced by negative people and are hanging around the wrong crowd. You may suffer material loss. This dream may also be a way for you to resolve your feelings with those who have passed on.

If you dream of a person who has died a long time ago, then it suggests that a current situation or relationship in you life resembles the quality of that deceased person. The dream may depict how you need to let this situation or relationship die and end it.

To see and talk with your dead parents in your dreams, represents your fears of losing them or your way of coping with the loss. You may want that last opportunity to say your final good-byes to them.

To see your dead sibling, relative, or friend alive in your dream, indicates that you miss them and are trying to relive your old experiences you had with them. In trying to keep up with the pace of your daily waking life, you dreams may serve as your only outlet in coping and coming to terms with the loss of a loved one.

Maybe if you can work out why you are having these dreams you can resolve things within yourself thus leading to a better night's sleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

LadyJ wrote: »
    According to dreammoods.ie:

Rats

To see rats in your dream, signifies feelings of doubts, guilt and/or envy. You are having unworthy thoughts that you are keeping to yourself but are eating you up inside. Alternatively, it denotes repulsion. The dream may also be a pun on someone who is a rat.

To see and talk with your dead parents in your dreams, represents your fears of losing them or your way of coping with the loss. You may want that last opportunity to say your final good-byes to them.

.... indicates that you miss them and are trying to relive your old experiences you had with them. In trying to keep up with the pace of your daily waking life, you dreams may serve as your only outlet in coping and coming to terms with the loss of a loved one.

That actually makes a lot of sense.

Maybe some bereavement counselling might be useful to you. That way you can put aside an hour or so a week to focus on your loss and other problems in your waking life. That way they will be less likely to disrupt you in your sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭denashpot

try smoking a joint mate. dont do it myself but friends of mine say they relax you.:p

• Advertisement

denashpot wrote: »
    try smoking a joint mate. dont do it myself but friends of mine say they relax you.:p

I can tell you for a fact that this would only make your dreams more messed up so I wouldn't bother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭jezza

I freak out after joints, :( When ended up with me screaming at the guy from meteor at 6am, and crying and ranting because i hated white, and it was everywhere.

Yeah. Joints dont calm me down.
    Im not such about the councillor, the thoughts of discussing that with someone doesn't make me comfortable.

Advertisement