Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Expired summons???

Options
  • 06-02-2008 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know this has been kinda covered before but I just want to make sure.

Got a parking ticket in Dundrum carpark, fair enough. This was in July. But got a letter last week (7 months after) from a solicitor on behalf of DLRCC demanding monies and threathning with a summons if cheque wasn't sent.

Is the 6 months elapsed too long now for this to be taken to court.

Don't mind paying but don't want to be paying needlessly.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Hennybug

Depends on the date the summons was issued if that date is inside the 6 months then they're ok

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

You're fine, they're just chancing their arm. I asked this same question myself a few months ago (too lazy to search, but have a look for threads started by me) Following advice from here, I called them and explained that and why I wouldn't be paying. They were very nice about it, and I haven't heard anything since.

Advertisement