Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bush - Clinton - Bush - Clinton: How did that happen?!

Options
  • 06-02-2008 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

If Hilary wins the Primary today (and she's the fave to) then it looks like she'll be the next Presdient of the US. Now, Id love to know *how* in the name of Jebus this happened. How did 2 families gain so much power in one country?

Note: Im posting this in AH instead of Politics as the majority of posters there are too up their own arse :) Im looking for normal, sensible replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Well, you know that George's brother was the Governer of Florida and could still run in a few years.

And the Clintons have their daughter Chelsea, so maybe in 15-20 years for her?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Gingervitis

Im looking for normal, sensible replies.

Ha!

I dunno if super tuesday was the be all and end all of nominations, last time I heard it was still too tight to call.
    McCain has the Republican nomination sewn up but the Democrats are still up in the air...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

If Hilary wins the Primary today (and she's the fave to) then it looks like she'll be the next Presdient of the US. Now, Id love to know *how* in the name of Jebus this happened. How did 2 families gain so much power in one country?

Note: Im posting this in AH instead of Politics as the majority of posters there are too up their own arse :) Im looking for normal, sensible replies.

MONEY.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

IMO, the longer the whole Clinton Vs Obama thing goes on, the more each will be damaged, and the more McCain will come out on top.

How an Oven Chip became president...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

Well, you know that George's brother was the Governer of Florida and could still run in a few years.

And the Clintons have their daughter Chelsea, so maybe in 15-20 years for her?:)

Yes but WHY have 2 families got this much power? I might ask this to be moved to Conspiracy Theories if anywhere :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Well both Gore (stolen election?) and Kerry blew it. Clinton did well enough in his day and Gore should have been a shoo-in. As Mairt says if you've got the cash you can run. Clinton and Bush have the connections to "help" along the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Yes but WHY have 2 families got this much power? I might ask this to be moved to Conspiracy Theories if anywhere :)

Because they have that much money.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Kernel32

It's not the primary yet and Hillary and Obama are neck and neck. It does look like McCain will get the republican nomination and personally I think Hillary cannot win against McCain. McCain is a very believable person and he comes off as someone who is honest. He can also shoot down Hillarys call for change by saying electing a Clinton isn't change it's business as usual. On the other hand I think Obama can beat McCain. McCain's age will be an issue, could he even last two terms? And Obama is just hitting his stride and will only get better over time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

I don't know why people keep talking about money.

I don't think Bill Clinton was mega rich like the Bush family were.

But power begets power, I suppose.

It's still quite close for the Democrats though. I'm rooting for Obama. Hilary's slightly ahead, but it's not over yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

You definitely cant have a president called 'Jeb' - thats just too redneck hilbilly white trash.

One of the alcoholic daughters now yer talking. There will be donut burns and empty beer cans on the white house lawn if that ever happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Kernel32 wrote: »
    It's not the primary yet and Hillary and Obama are neck and neck. It does look like McCain will get the republican nomination and personally I think Hillary cannot win against McCain. McCain is a very believable person and he comes off as someone who is honest. He can also shoot down Hillarys call for change by saying electing a Clinton isn't change it's business as usual. On the other hand I think Obama can beat McCain. McCain's age will be an issue, could he even last two terms? And Obama is just hitting his stride and will only get better over time.

The one negative for McCain is that he's cranky and can get really shirty with people. Make him look like a grumpy old man. If it's Clinton you won't hear the change bit, she'll bang on about the republicans in power and the lame duck Bush. She may even get Russ Limbaugh to campaign for her.:D

Paradoxically if Obama gets the ticket he's going to need all those establishment politicians he criticises, anyway.

Well, equally "Mitt" Romney?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

The families were chosen by the lizard people to rule america and therefore the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,075 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Morlar wrote: »
    You definitely cant have a president called 'Jeb' - thats just too redneck hilbilly white trash.

One of the alcoholic daughters now yer talking. There will be donut burns and empty beer cans on the white house lawn if that ever happens.

They'll also have a nursery annexe for all the pregnant 13 year-olds, so that their uncle-dads can visit.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Well if it's Hillary followed by Jeb and one of them holds on for the two terms then thats 12 years gone and Chelsea could have a go, then follow that with one of the drunk Bush daughters then...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

ejmaztec wrote: »
    They'll also have a nursery annexe for all the pregnant 13 year-olds, so that their uncle-dads can visit.

They can put it beside the chevy on blocks, the minifridge full of beer and the sofa out on the lawn. It will be like the beverly hilbillies take washington.

robinph wrote: »
    Well if it's Hillary followed by Jeb and one of them holds on for the two terms then thats 12 years gone and Chelsea could have a go, then follow that with one of the drunk Bush daughters then...?

I think (though may have to look it up) that Jeb's son's name is George.

So, George (Bush) III a possibility? I know that England thought that their George III was so good they made a film out of him.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

That's Democracy for ya..............oh wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Orlee

conspiracy - definitely

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So, George (Bush) III a possibility? I know that England thought that their George III was so good they made a film out of him.:)
    Didn't they have to rename that film for the US so they didn't get confused about missing the previous films?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

If Hillary does win we will know Bill will be her her most powerfull advisor. So it would be liking having a Clinton-Clinton ticket.

Although alot of people will say we just went through a Bush-Bush ticket, though it was more like George W listened to Daddys friends rather than Daddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Out of the Clintons and the Bushes, I know which family I'd rather had their finger on the big red button...

Further on the topic, I wish to express my sincere disappointment in, after mishearing the guy's name on the radio, later finding out that badass supercop John McClane was in fact not a presidential candidate :(

Also, I hope that if Hilary wins, she'll subequently arrange to get head in the oval office.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Chelsea was looking well on the telly last night.
    I tried to chat her up once, back when she had braces, but she threw me out the window.

whiskeyman wrote: »
    How an Oven Chip became president...
    That's all I can think about whenever I see his name. :)

The families were chosen by the lizard people to rule america and therefore the world.
    Shhhh!

robinph wrote: »
    Didn't they have to rename that film for the US so they didn't get confused about missing the previous films?

The Madness of King George.
    They dropped that "III" bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,849 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

just wait til it's laura bush's turn and then chelsea clinton ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

This is why I cast my vote for Obama. I had to do my part to stop the Bush-Clinton-Bush cycle!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

No its BCBO (Bush Clinton Bush Obama) BO Barak Obama with a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

McCain will win it

Hildog and Obama are too close, and the longer it stays that way the better it is for McCain who has it completely sewn up

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

it's not looking great for her to be the nominee though:
    http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0208/8363.html

if she does manage to win the nominee, which i don't think she will, then McCain will win.

there's nothing that unites republicans quite like Clinton-hate, and rightly so.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

from AH

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭PullMyFinger!

This thread died as soon as it was moved. Any chance of a move back to AH?

Advertisement