Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish airsoft website?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Don't worry. There are some paranoid and grumpy members here. However, most reserve judgement until they have facts. I would advise you to create a thread (with mods permission) for GoTactical. It would help cleare up any issues quickly.

Indeed, pm myself, o1s1n or Rew (or all of us) and we can sort it out for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I think its fair to take into account this thread is over 6 weeks old, and came about at a time during which airsoft I believe was under attack by the media, and I found your website by chance.

There were some legitimate concerns about some of the stock listed in the store, the comments that the website was incomplete was a good thing, as it would indicate some of the items listed that were of concern were not yet on sale, at that initial concerns may be simply due to a project still in the works.

I'm happy to see a new retailer on the scene as always, but the community is right to mindful of our own and public perceptions yada yada we've all heard it a million times before :D

I think its unfair to call it paranoia crazy rabbit, its not as if we haven't been attacked by the media and politicians up to this point!

Its good to see GoTac are affiliated now, and will have a presence on the forum and further contact with the IAA.

I'd like to say welcome to the forum, I hope you do well with your business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

I didn't mean paranoia in relation to the media (they are out to get us :p ). However, as a community that does face a lot of hassle, we are somewhat stuck in the mindset of 'everyone is out to ban airsoft if we give them even the tiniest excuse to do so'. It's gotten to the point that we don't even trust each other to use sub 1 joule guns and several people are asking for all AEG's to be tested weekly. That's paranoia. There are other examples as well.

I didn't mean paranoia in relation to the media (they are out to get us :p ). However, as a community that does face a lot of hassle, we are somewhat stuck in the mindset of 'everyone is out to ban airsoft if we give them even the tiniest excuse to do so'.

I dont think anyone has been grumpy or excessive though, we are all entitled to feel concern if needs be, thankfully we are a logical bunch and can keep an open mind and deal with any issues as they arise, and remain civil.

I'm glad to see things sorted RE: gotactical, there were early legitimate concerns with one item in stock, which I highlighted with the IAA, they contacted gotactical, who dealt with it, all very smooth and swift, and any issue was avoided, due to the professionalism of the IAA and of the retailer.

We are all entitled to express concern, and to follow it up to satisfy our queries, I know I have before, and I have been satisfied with the professionalism and disclosure my questions were answered with by IAA representatives, retailers and the like.

I think it is unfair to criticise those with legitimate concern who may feel a need to express that concern, and who strive to ask those questions in an open minded way.

We've all seen the questions asked in the past by critics of our sport, who have had an agenda and no interest in an answer, having already made up their mind.
    This sort of "concern" is not the sort expressed by members of this forum on the whole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭cherubaul

in total agreement with Rabbit on this one. For those who say they play a sport of honor ie trust there are too many on here who will not trust those who play the sport to play by the rules.

At the moment i have to say that with the attitudes of some people on here airsoft has as much a threat from within as from the outside world. The amount of hypothetical never gonna happen situations that i hear from "veteran" boardsies and players is mimicing that of the group against airsoft. About 12 weeks ago this forum was useful and attractive to new players and regulars. now with legal this and ilegal that and i dont trust the people i play with to be under the joule or omfg hes gone to the crapper i bet ya he's changing the spring of his AEG in there. This place seems to be a hotbed for controversy and arguement.

I exclude IAA offical statements from the above. Not a memeber but i appreciate that any organisation must make its terms clear and definitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I didn't mean paranoia in relation to the media (they are out to get us :p ). However, as a community that does face a lot of hassle, we are somewhat stuck in the mindset of 'everyone is out to ban airsoft if we give them even the tiniest excuse to do so'. It's gotten to the point that we don't even trust each other to use sub 1 joule guns and several people are asking for all AEG's to be tested weekly. That's paranoia. There are other examples as well.

Agreed, I think it's to do with the fact that as a sport we're quite young, and have faced a lot of challenges in the short time we've been around, we're all a little over protective of the sport, and there may be a tendency to be a bit defensive when we see something that we perceive as being a threat to us.

Anyway, @GoTac, I'm glad to see another retailer open up, and happy to hear that you've joined the IAA as an affiliate and agreed to abide by their retailer guidelines, I look forward to popping out to your store sometime and having a look around.

Motosam wrote: »
    I dont think anyone has been grumpy or excessive though, we are all entitled to feel concern if needs be, thankfully we are a logical bunch and can keep an open mind and deal with any issues as they arise, and remain civil.

I'm glad to see things sorted RE: gotactical, there were early legitimate concerns with one item in stock, which I highlighted with the IAA, they contacted gotactical, who dealt with it, all very smooth and swift, and any issue was avoided, due to the professionalism of the IAA and of the retailer.

We are all entitled to express concern, and to follow it up to satisfy our queries, I know I have before, and I have been satisfied with the professionalism and disclosure my questions were answered with by IAA representatives, retailers and the like.

I think it is unfair to criticise those with legitimate concern who may feel a need to express that concern, and who strive to ask those questions in an open minded way.

We've all seen the questions asked in the past by critics of our sport, who have had an agenda and no interest in an answer, having already made up their mind.
    This sort of "concern" is not the sort expressed by members of this forum on the whole.

To be clear, I wasn't in any way having a go at you.

Spetzcong wrote: »
    Agreed, I think it's to do with the fact that as a sport we're quite young, and have faced a lot of challenges in the short time we've been around, we're all a little over protective of the sport, and there may be a tendency to be a bit defensive when we see something that we perceive as being a threat to us.

Anyway, @GoTac, I'm glad to see another retailer open up, and happy to hear that you've joined the IAA as an affiliate and agreed to abide by their retailer guidelines, I look forward to popping out to your store sometime and having a look around.

That's a better way of explaining it than my attempt. Yes, defensive. Perhaps paranoia was too strong a word.

To be clear, I wasn't in any way having a go at you.

Not at all, I enjoy discussion, some people see it as a bad thing though, I dont, and I know you dont either, I was just adding my 2 cents :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement