Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iroko worktop - Need some cut-offs

Options
  • 06-02-2008 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I currently have Iroko kitchen worktops installed by the developer and want to put in a breakfast bar and all I need is 1.6m x 0.45m. The minimum size available is 3.6m x 0.6m and costs €700 from the panelling centre. I'm hoping someone reading this is completing a job with the iroko style worktop or knows someone who is that has some peices left over they would be willing to sell on.

I'd be looking for the 1.6m x 0.45m (600mm width is fine) and some other cut offs to creat end supports similar to an L-bracket or curved bracket peice.

thanks,

Astro.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭JoeB-

You may be able to get it made by a cabinet maker... you may even be able to do it yourself if you have some good tools. Iroko is about 30 to 35 + VAT per cubic foot rough sawn... you need about 2 to 2.5 cubic feet. The advantage over the commercial worktops is that your worktop would be made from wide boards rather than narrow strips.

It then has to be planed, edge jointed, glued and clamped, scraped and sanded, cut to size and oiled... as I say a cabinet maker may do it. There is also a timber machinist near Greystones somewhere who would do it, don't have the details now but I may be able to get them for you... or check the yellow pages.

The reason I say you could get one made is that you need about a third of the one from the Panelling Center... that's quite a bit.

Cheers
    Joe

Advertisement