Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a Maltese-like dog to adopt!

Options
  • 06-02-2008 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hello!My name is Elena and I am a teacher. My partner and I live in Dublin in a small house but with a garden and a in lovely and very green neighbourhood. I work mainly in the evening and during the day I am at home so I would love to dedicate some of my spare time to a pet.
    My partner loves dogs too and his family has always had many of them.

Since we don't have a huge amount of house and garden space we would really like to adopt a little Maltese-like dog so I thought to post this message and ask if there is anybody looking to rehome one.

Thank you and all the best.

Elena

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

Hi Elena, fair dues to you wanting to adopt a dog, rather than buy one.

I suggest you contact a few of the shelters around Dublin. Their websites are a good place to start. Try www.paws.ie, and www.irishanimals.ie for starters. I urge you not to have a strict idea of what breed of dog you're looking for, rather wait and see which dogs appeal to you and have a suitable temprament for you and your family.

I know its a much bigger dog than you were thinking, but Greyhounds make wonderful pets, are very placid and affectionate, don't eat much and don't take up much space (honestly!) There are also plenty to choose from in the shelters unfortunately. They don't need more than a couple of 20 min walks every day ......

http://www.ispca.ie/content/grey-pets.html

Advertisement