Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need New Host; my current hosting company messed up again

Options
  • 06-02-2008 2:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭

Any recommendations ?

I need someone reliable

or a least if there is a problem, I will be told about it when it occurs

and the host will be able to tell me when the problem will be fixed

I'm with hosting365 at the moment so someone else, Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dr. gonzo

Yeah what's the story with Hosting 365 at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Depends what your needs are ?

It would be important to raise the questions if your prospect Hoster has had any outages or issues over the last few years.

Some of the providers (in the sticky) have a free tour, so it would be handy to pop in and check out the facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

Don't discuss the current situation about H365 as you'll get the thread closed.

I'd recommend www.blacknight.com - great service, support and I haven't had any down time with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

I'll second DJB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

dr. gonzo wrote: »
    Yeah what's the story with Hosting 365 at the moment?
    Forward those questions to H365, this is not their support site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I left H365 last month. I'm very happy I made that decision.

If you don't mind your host being non-Irish, I recommend The Planet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

dublindude wrote: »
    I left H365 last month. I'm very happy I made that decision.

If you don't mind your host being non-Irish, I recommend The Planet
    That might be overkill if the OP only needs hosting for a small site :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

blacknight wrote: »
    That might be overkill if the OP only needs hosting for a small site :)
    Excellent reputation though.

And it is reasonably affordable.

Yeah they're really cheap. I have a very powerful dedicated server for less than €200 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

I had to move two people this month away from h365 .. both connected to database issues (because of shared database servers).. sorry Steve!

Also the mail has been hit and miss with them..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

it's useful to be able to discuss the merits of various hosting options, providers, and locations. Anyways, if I care about enough I might setup my own forum site.

that might be a good idea for a site :)
    people get on the defensive and start lashing out threats of libel, slander and other such words

or maybe not :/

edit: This makes no sense now because the quoted replies were moved while I was writing it

OT posts split into a new thread in Feedback.

Where did you move them to?

oops That question was meant to be addressed to Cr8or

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Hi Jason,

Did they log any tickets with issues? Our mail and DB servers have delivered perfect uptime with no recorded issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Hi Jason,

Did they log any tickets with issues? Our mail and DB servers have delivered perfect uptime with no recorded issues.

Sorry but if you're going to make a statment like that on boards it has to be questioned. Your customers suffered email outages yesterday which is exactly what happened last year where they couldn't access email for a number of hours how is this a perfect uptime with no recorded issues?

Statements like this are just bizarre.

...with no recorded issues.

I think this is the problem. Your staff don't seem to log a lot of issues/communication with customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Hi Jason,

Is there any point, In the last month support have directed me to log a support ticket, I've lodged 3 and no reply either time.

One databse issue, One stopgapdomain issue, and one refund issue regarding .ie non successful due to geographical name.
    Cr8or wrote: »
    I had to move two people this month away from h365 .. both connected to database issues (because of shared database servers).. sorry Steve!

Also the mail has been hit and miss with them..

Its a bit crazy that you can upload a file, image, directory via a cms and then you have to wait 24 hours before being able to work with that file because the server owns it.

Only thing is I took out 1 years hosting:(, but I can never refer clients to their hosting because of the above reason plus all files are unwritable until I have to chmod them all to work with them.

So all new clients have to be put with someone else.

I'm sure H365 is excellent for most peoples purposes and have an excellent service but for mine it just doesn't work out.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement