Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Predictions for next year!!

• 06-02-2008 3:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭

Ok I know it's a little early and the draft has yet to be done etc, but just for a bit of banter, who do you think will top their divisions next year, who will get wild-card play-offs, who will top the conferences and who will do what in the play-offs.
    I know this might be premature but I don't know what to do now for the next 7 months :p

Here's my predictions:
    AFC North: Steelers something like 11-5/10-6
    AFC East Patriots, not as strong a year(obviously), maybe 13-3
    AFC South Colts 12-4
    AFC West Chargers 11-5

NFC North Greenbay 10-6
    NFC East I gotta go Giants on this one (sorry Cowboys) 11-5
    NFC South Tampa Bay 10-6
    NFC West SeaHawks 11-5

Wildcards AFC: Titans
    Somethings telling me the Jets will have a good run

Wildcards NFC:Cowboys
    Vikings

SB champs - wanna say colts, so ... Colts! Why not? Colts beat Seahawks in the bowl. Think the Pats will have a strong post-season but this SB will have hurt them. Think Manning has another monster season in him after being usurped by Brady and little brother. Colts/Pats AFC championship game. Seahawks/Giants NFC game.

Still think the AFC is stronger despite having an NFC SB winner. Anyway it's just for fun, so we can look back in a year and see how close (far away) we were.

Go Colts :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

AFC North: Browns 10-6
    AFC East Patriots 12-4
    AFC South Jaguars 12-4
    AFC West Chargers 11-5

NFC North Packers 16-0
    NFC East Cowboys 12-4
    NFC South Saints 10-6
    NFC West Cardinals 11-5

Wildcards AFC: Colts and Steelers

Wildcards NFC:Giants and Vikings

SB champs - Packers 19-0

Jaguars/Pats AFC championship game.

Packers/Cowboys NFC game.

I don't know why people think the AFC is stronger. NFC had more wins last year. 1 more. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,334 ✭✭✭death1234567

AFC North: Steelers 10-6
    AFC East Patriots 11-5
    AFC South Colts 13-3
    AFC West Chargers 12-4

NFC North Packers 13-3 (if favre doesnt retire)
    NFC East Cowboys 14-2
    NFC South Saints 9-7
    NFC West seahawks 10-6

Wildcards AFC: Jags and Browns

Wildcards NFC:Giants and Skins

SB champs - Colts, runners up cowboys

Jaguars/Colts AFC championship game.

Giants/Cowboys NFC game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

Far, far, far, far, far ... faaaaaaar too early to even throw predictions out there.

I mean this time last year there would have been people predicting Atlanta in the playoffs then look what happened to Vick!

Not even to mention free agency or the draft... actually that goes to show you just how messed up the NFL is. My immediate thought was just how many players could be arrested between now and next season, not what team is going to pick up the best players in the off season! Turd Watch all the way, Patriots are already out in front :D

Though here is hoping for a Vikings playoff run!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

My prediction for next season is that westair will criticise the Patriots every week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

I'd just like the Broncos and Liverpool to be still in with a chance come January. I say the same every year... :(

J.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

AFC North: Steelers
    AFC East Patriots
    AFC South Colts
    AFC West Chargers

NFC North Packers
    NFC East Cowboys
    NFC South Saints
    NFC West Seahawks

Wildcards AFC: Browns and Jaguars

Wildcards NFC: Giants and Rams

SB champs Packers to beat the Colts.

Chargers/Colts AFC championship game.

Giants/Packers NFC game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

cooker3 wrote: »
    My prediction for next season is that westair will criticise the Patriots every week

:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

It is WAY too early to start saying who is going to finish where.

1) MFL Draft
    2) Free Agency
    3) Suspensions

The way things are going these days in the NFL, I am not sure which one of these three will have the greatest impact this off season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

It is WAY too early to start saying who is going to finish where.

1) MFL Draft
    2) Free Agency
    3) Suspensions

The way things are going these days in the NFL, I am not sure which one of these three will have the greatest impact this off season.

Of course, but there's no reason not to make a few guesstimates.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

its too early to make any predictions for next season i mean even after the first couple of games this season would anybody have predicted the giants winning the superbowl and there is still next seasons draft to come no calling it if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

It all depends on free agency and the draft, unfortunately I am a dolphind fan so no chance of us doing much yet I think we will do a hell of alot better than last year. At the moment I fancy the Cowboys and I need to study schedules etc. but for me at present the Cowboys look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

It all depends on Free agency and the draft I need to study the schedules but at the moment I like the Cowboys

Advertisement