Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Warning: Plank of wood on M1 southbound

Options
  • 06-02-2008 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Driving down to the airport there at lunch time, There is a massive plank of wood in the middle of the lanes heading south bound. Its about 20ft long about 1/2 foot wide.

Just after the turn off for laytown, just passed the new hotel City North.

Who do you contact about this.

I went into the overtaking lane to avoid it, Skoda behind me had to go into the hard shoulder.

Only for the Skoda was a good bit behind me, he would have smacked straight into it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭10-10-20

The Guards.

I had to avoid a bale of rock-wool insulation on the M50 between Carrickmines and Sandyford last week.
    I was actually going to hit it with my bumper to drive off the road, but someone came up behind at speed, so I had to leave it between the two lanes!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

move it yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BnA

What the hell is Pat Kenny doing lying on the M1....?

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

move it yourself?
    Don't do that, you'll get yourself killed! Also it is illegal. Call 11850/11890 and ask for the local Garda station. They will come out and move it.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭I.S.T.

BnA wrote: »
    Hahaha good one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Hahaha good one!

+1.

I thought that ringin 112 or 999 wouldnt be the right move. Ring 11850 they ask you what is your local garda station.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

112 or 999. Dangerous obstacle on the motorway. Traffic unit and firebrigade are quite happy to be able to do something prevetative for a change.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Last week driving northbound on the m50 there was an Irish Setter running across the motorway. I was in the overtaking lane, no cars in front of me, but to the left, I saw a large trail of cars on the off-ramp (maybe for finglas, cant remember) I took my foot off the accelerator just in case and sure enough, a big giant hairy muddy thing runs across me. Thank god my four tyres and brake pads and discs were replaced 2 weeks ago! Otherwise Id have a nice dog shaped dent in the front of my car!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

BnA wrote: »

:)

Haha!

Advertisement