Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Militaria collection photography

• 06-02-2008 4:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭

If anyone here has a collection of militaria they would like to have professionally photographed let me know.

Ideally medals and easily moveable items (no big weapons etc) either for archive purposes or if you perhaps wanted to put them for sale at some point - or merely to display them on fora on the web.

I will have some studio time to spare in the coming weeks (late feb into early march) and I would be interested in getting some studio setup shots of medals etc

So if you want to get some done let me know - all you would have to do is let me know which items to expect in advance and then bring them along on the day (either a saturday or sunday).

They would be the equivalent to product shots and I would be aiming to get to sotheby catalogue type of levels - ie professionally lit & composed/processed.

The militaria owners obviously would be present the entire time and get high res copies of the photos afterwards. **

I would retain copyright of the photograph so I could use them in my portfolio too and the item owner of course would be free to use the pictures however you wanted to. If anyone is interested let me know either in the thread or by pm.

** to clarify this means a digital version in high resolution - ie 4000x resolution tiff or jpeg files.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

It would be interesting to see some of the end results.

Even lower res, and watermarked if necessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

It would be interesting to see some of the end results.

Even lower res, and watermarked if necessary.

I would have no prob with posting the results here - providing the owner was ok with the photograph. It would be up to the owner whether they wanted anonymity so any results posted here would only mention the owner if they were acceptable to that idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Of course. Nothing mandatory, but as I say the images would be of interest here if both parties wanted to share them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Morlar wrote: »
    If anyone here has a collection of militaria they would like to have professionally photographed let me know.

Ideally medals and easily moveable items (no big weapons etc) either for archive purposes or if you perhaps wanted to put them for sale at some point - or merely to display them on fora on the web.

I will have some studio time to spare in the coming weeks (late feb into early march) and I would be interested in getting some studio setup shots of medals etc

So if you want to get some done let me know - all you would have to do is let me know which items to expect in advance and then bring them along on the day (either a saturday or sunday).

They would be the equivalent to product shots and I would be aiming to get to sotheby catalogue type of levels - ie professionally lit & composed/processed.

The militaria owners obviously would be present the entire time and get high res copies of the photos afterwards. **

I would retain copyright of the photograph so I could use them in my portfolio too and the item owner of course would be free to use the pictures however you wanted to. If anyone is interested let me know either in the thread or by pm.

** to clarify this means a digital version in high resolution - ie 4000x resolution tiff or jpeg files.

Where is your studio based?I presume we'd have to go to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Its at a studio in dublin - will pm you the address. I will also be using one up the north soon enough - depending on where you are based could also do it there if that was easier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement