Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

why these names?

• 06-02-2008 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭

well have you ever wondered why they are called them ? like fish fingers? i dont think fish have fingers. or even chicken balls do chickens even have balls? how about buffalo wings buffalo's dont have wings. well have u ever wondered about them? any more you can think of ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Never really thought about it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Warning! Cow pie is not actually pie ! Don't learn the hard way, like me :( !! !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

so what was desperate dan eating?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

One assumes it's because it's a 'finger' of fish, and a 'ball' of chicken, and buffalo flavour type thing for the wings.
    Like crab cakes/sticks, crabs don't have cakes or sticks - but it says what it is. A bit like Ronseal, except I don't recommend you eat that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Monkey61

erm...because they are finger shaped or ball shaped. I presume this wasn't a serious question.
    Also Buffalo wings were first made in Buffalo New York.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

star-pants wrote: »
    One assumes it's because it's a 'finger' of fish, and a 'ball' of chicken, and buffalo flavour type thing for the wings.
    Like crab cakes/sticks, crabs don't have cakes or sticks - but it says what it is. A bit like Ronseal, except I don't recommend you eat that.
    Quoted for truth!

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

Pizza: I have never once found 3.14 in it once. Its all very misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

Maximilian wrote: »
    Pizza: I have never once found 3.14 in it once. Its all very misleading.

Sure you don't mean pi(e)? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

They are called Fish Fingers because thats what happens to you when you finger bang old Mary Jane Rottencrotch through her purty pink panties.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭Loomis

I hope to God this thread was made in an attempt to be facetious...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭Wacker

RonMexico wrote: »
    They are called Fish Fingers because thats what happens to you when you finger bang old Mary Jane Rottencrotch through her purty pink panties.
    Someone's been watching Full Metal Jacket. RonMexico, HOW TALL ARE YOU?!?

A food-name worthy of contemplation would be the lowly Hotdog. Anyone got any ideas?

No, but i got made a fool of in school once when i did an irish essay and called one a "madra te".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

No, but i got made a fool of in school once when i did an irish essay and called one a "madra te".

Same here for calling 7up Seacht Suas :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Anyone ever have a mouthful of Rocky Mountain Oysters?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Sweetbreads!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

A knob of butter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

'Man-size' tissues

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

star-pants wrote: »

Or STAR PANTS when in fact I hear you wear see through crotchless knickers without a star in sight, wha-de-ya have te say about that eh?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭blindman

blowjob

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Chickens have testicles. You will have eaten them and just didn't know it. They are the main ingredient in any pre-made chicken product in the supermarket or in KFC. Beaks, tails, claws, eyes, BOLLOCKS, uterus and anal sphincter all ground up to make a nice chicken patty. YUM!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Snake Nose

byrner88 wrote: »
    well have you ever wondered why they are called them ? like fish fingers? i dont think fish have fingers. or even chicken balls do chickens even have balls?

Eh, because of the shape. Are you taking the piss, or just a bit slow? Or is this part of your stand-up routine? :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Gordon wrote:
    Chickens have testicles.
    Since when? :eek:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Mince pies. Sans mince. I'm getting my money back.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

MarkR wrote: »
    Mince pies. Sans mince. I'm getting my money back.;)
    Can you buy actual mince pies made out of mince, surely someone come out with them by now.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I would eat this product.

Advertisement