Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This does not warrant a permanent ban.

Options
  • 06-02-2008 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭

Dear SetantaL,

You have received an infraction at boards.ie.

Reason: adverts.ie Rule Violation
    Completely uncalled for and against charter, you will also find yourself permanently banned from the lounge.

Thanks

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=55069573

Quote:
    Because womens are whores and need to get paid.

Feb 14th is settling up day.

All the best,
    boards.ie

I don't think this warantas a permanent ban- I have seen much worse in my time in the ladies lounge. It's not a PI and it wasn't directed any anyone in particular. I think this ban, frankly is bull****.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I'd say you deserved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

well the quote is there- is that worth a permanent ban? I was taking the piss out of threads entitled "What are you getting for valentines day"

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

A - you deserved it. Calling wimmins whores in the Ladies Lounge? Bad boy!
    B - it doesn't matter what "others did". We're talking about you now. Besides, they may or may not received infractions/bans you don't know of.

Quoi?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

You got an adverts.ie rule violation infraction for that? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

I'd say it's deserved.
    biko wrote: »
    Quoi?

kaimera wrote: »
    You got an adverts.ie rule violation infraction for that? :confused:
    Perhaps he was trying to advertise a massage parlour. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

IMO permanent bans are for people who either repeatedly cause problems, or for those who show they have no interest what the forum is for and are only out to cause trouble. Your post seems to fit the latter to me.

I 'm not bringing anyone else into it. I stand over what I said- how does calling womens in general on the topic of valentines day justify a permanent ban??

If I had directed it at a fellew boardsie- fair enough that's personal abuse but what's the basis for this permanent ban- the mod isn't responding.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

well, you know the girls over there havent got a sense of humour - i actually thought it was funny :)

IMO permanent bans are for people who either repeatedly cause problems, or for those who show they have no interest what the forum is for and are only out to cause trouble. Your post seems to fit the latter to me.

Exactly- this is a once off and I have many many normal posts in that lounge- anyway- where's the person to deal with this, all I have is a load of mods scratching their heads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Hang on, did you actually get permanently banned, or just threatened with such a ban?

• Advertisement

I actually got permanently banned for that!!!

It's not PI, it's not directed at anyone and the ban is for advertising. I've seen much worse in the ladies loungue- it's light banter in there- but poof- Permanent ban for a once off joke. I cannot even see the need for a one week ban for that never mind a permanent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

SetantaL wrote: »
    Exactly- this is a once off and I have many many normal posts in that lounge- anyway- where's the person to deal with this, all I have is a load of mods scratching their heads.
    It was jules that banned you.

It was jules that banned you.

i know- she's not responding to PM's. Surely there is some appeal process.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

someones banning hand is way strong if that is a perm ban

week ban at a stretch (it is the ladies lounge after all, could have been on the blob (immature joke), you never know) or post deletion and warning but a perm ban

Harsh tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

i know- she's not responding to PM's. Surely there is some appeal process.
    You could post in Helpdesk and see if a SMod will contact Jules about it.

When were you banned?

Is it possible Jules has gone offline and hasn't seen your PMs yet?

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I think it was a bit obnoxious but funny. I would have said that banning you demonstrated a poor sense of humour on the part of the mods but that's the risk you took posting what you did in that particular forum and also, it is not actually clear that you were making a joke at all. It could easily be construed as just being maliciously anti-women.

Personally, I reckon the mod was just having her period**

*this is a joke, ladies.

I'd have given a ban for a week or two.. a perm ban seems a bit strong in my opinion.

You could post in Helpdesk and see if a SMod will contact Jules about it.

When were you banned?

Thanks- will do- about a half hour ago. I posted here straight away and sent her two pm's but no good.

Thanks- will do- about a half hour ago. I posted here straight away and sent her two pm's but no good.
    Ah, you need to give these things time you see.

"Mods have lives too" and we aren't online 24/7 waiting for PMs from people.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

I wouldin't have taken it personally, as a female that is. Thought it was kinda funny. Would anyone take that seriously?

If the ladies lounge is that strict people will fear the ban stick and the fun will go out of it imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I actually got permanently banned for that!!!

It's not PI, it's not directed at anyone and the ban is for advertising. I've seen much worse in the ladies loungue- it's light banter in there- but poof- Permanent ban for a once off joke. I cannot even see the need for a one week ban for that never mind a permanent one.

Yeah, that's pretty heavy handed tbh.

The infraction and warning of a ban would've been enough. Bans should be rolled out if there's a repeat offense.

themadchef wrote: »
    I wouldin't have taken it personally, as a female that is. Thought it was kinda funny. Would anyone take that seriously?

If the ladies lounge is that strict people will fear the ban stick and the fun will go out of it imo.
    You are a lady?

:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Jules has had a tough day with the shenanigans going on in the LL and discussions about it in the sekrit forums and that was probably the back-breaking straw. A perma-ban was probably a bit much, but given the atmosphere in the LL at the mo I'm not entirely surprised it happened.

I'm sure Jules will respond to the PMs shortly.

@ DesF, speak for yourself... I hover over F5 waiting for my PM box to fill up... it's ben a long wait so far :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

DesF wrote: »
    Ah, you need to give these things time you see.

"Mods have lives too" and we aren't online 24/7 waiting for PMs from people.:)

:eek: Now I know your taking the piss.

g'em wrote: »
    @ DesF, speak for yourself... I hover over F5 waiting for my PM box to fill up... it's ben a long wait so far :(
    I stopped that lark a long time ago tbh.

My F5 key got b0rked.
    :eek: Now I know your taking the piss.
    hey, back to soccer with you...get...get...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

That's way too harsh. Isn't the forum meant to be a bit of a laugh anyway? Just like the beer guts forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

DesF wrote: »
    You are a lady?

:confused:

Lol of course i am :confused:

Jules has had a tough day with the shenanigans going on in the LL and discussions about it in the sekrit forums and that was probably the back-breaking straw. A perma-ban was probably a bit much, but given the atmosphere in the LL at the mo I'm not entirely surprised it happened.

It was an obvious joke- I'm not a 5 post troll here.If a mod is having a bad day- she shouldn't turn her forum into her own personal vandetta ground. ffs.

A permanent ban? I mean- come on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 7th

Fair ban. I have a sister called Dules who's also a mod and if you had of spoke to her liek the way you spoke to those ladies she would have banned you too. Completely justifiable. Count yourself lucky you didn't get sitebanned. But thats just my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

themadchef wrote: »
    Lol of course i am :confused:

WOW, i always thought you were a dude - well you learn something new everyday.

that forum must have the more bans then all the others put together.

Advertisement