Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This does not warrant a permanent ban.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

themadchef wrote: »
    Lol of course i am :confused:
    Chef is a man job.

Cook is the ladies version.

Also, you should have a pink avatar or something. The avatar is clearly male.

Jaysis, does this mean I get banned form LL too?

OH NOES!!1!one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

SetantaL wrote: »
    It was an obvious joke- I'm not a 5 post troll here.If a mod is having a bad day- she shouldn't turn her forum into her own personal vandetta ground. ffs.

A permanent ban? I mean- come on!

And getting so aggressive isn't helping your cause. People are agreeing with you, as did I. Civility goes a loooooong way towards happy endings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

And SetantaL.

The Help Desk thread. :confused:

You said the "mod isn 't responding to PMs?"

Maybe she isn't online right now.

Maybe she is commuting in traffic to or from work.

Give it a bit of time, I also advised that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Fair ban. I have a sister called Dules who's also a mod and if you had of spoke to her liek the way you spoke to those ladies she would have banned you too. Completely justifiable. Count yourself lucky you didn't get sitebanned. But thats just my opinion.

"Dules"- Are you "Jule's sister by any chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

DesF wrote: »
    Chef is a man job.

Cook is the ladies version.

Also, you should have a pink avatar or something. The avatar is clearly male.

Jaysis, does this mean I get banned form LL too?

OH NOES!!1!one

ROFL, i'll show you mine if you show me yours, now back on topic Sir!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 7th

"Dules"- Are you "Jule's sister by any chance?
    :confused: Eh no. Dules is my sister. Is this some sort of crazy game you're playing. Ok I'm a bit scared but I'll play along.
    "SetantaL"- Are you "JetantaL's sister by any chance?"

And getting so aggressive isn't helping your cause. People are agreeing with you, as did I. Civility goes a loooooong way towards happy endings.

Apologies- I'm just a tad annoyed. I like to saunter about and have a bit of a laugh- as we all do, I think this is totally taking the air out of the baloon. I actually agree with the strict line in PI and things but if you can't make a joke in After hours or LL.............

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Exactly- this is a once off and I have many many normal posts in that lounge.
    My bad, I kind of assumed this was just your first post in the forum or they were all kind of similar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

hmmm.

You got a permanent ban. As I see it, you have two choices.

a: FFS I GOT BANNED FOR A LITTLE JOKE SHES A JOKE THIS FORUM IS A JOKE THIS IS INSANITY

b. Hi Jules, listen sorry about the dodgy message - if I promise I won't do it again, could you maybe give me a second chance and reduce it to a one month ban? thanks.

You went for option a. Our Survey says: "<that noise off of family fortunes>"

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Seems ott to me, but that Jules is a tough bird.

• Advertisement

hmmm.

You got a permanent ban. As I see it, you have two choices.

a: FFS I GOT BANNED FOR A LITTLE JOKE SHES A JOKE THIS FORUM IS A JOKE THIS IS INSANITY

b. Hi Jules, listen sorry about the dodgy message - if I promise I won't do it again, could you maybe give me a second chance and reduce it to a one month ban? thanks.

You went for option a. Our Survey says: "<that noise off of family fortunes>"

Most true, but the way I see it is where's the line- there have been worse messages in there as it's a pretty relaxed foum yet I get a perm ban.

As for option b- probably better with a cool head but it's a joke I'd stand over. I actually don't think I broke the rules, at all. Whay look for a months ban.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Attol wrote: »
    That's way too harsh. Isn't the forum meant to be a bit of a laugh anyway? Just like the beer guts forum.

Beer Guts = Slag Women

LL = Slag Men

No?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 7th

Most true, but the way I see it is where's the line- there have been worse messages in there as it's a pretty relaxed foum yet I get a perm ban.

As for option b- probably better with a cool head but it's a joke I'd stand over. I actually don't think I broke the rules, at all. Whay look for a months ban.
    Just deal with it sunshine. The lady has turned you down, she's said no. To proceed with this line of obstinance would be tantamount to rape.

You said something you shouldn't have said, and she took an action (IMO) that she shouldn't have taken. All shouting about it does is make it harder for either of ye to back down without losing face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

It's falling under the derogatory posts definition and as such should be a ban. Perm is OTT in my opinion, and would agree with previous others that there is a bit of "time of the month" about Jules moderating generally. OK, so, it's her/his forum by the looks of it, but surely it's just a bit of nonsense like the fat boys one, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Beer Guts = Slag Women

LL = Slag Men

No?

You're not allowed to use the s word in the ladygarden

You said something you shouldn't have said, and she took an action (IMO) that she shouldn't have taken. All shouting about it does is make it harder for either of ye to back down without losing face.
    Okay- hands up I'm guilty.

But as to the original title of the thread- this does not warrant a perm ban- now what can I do about it? I've pm'ed Jules, I guess I'll have to wait for her say.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Beer Guts = Slag Women

LL = Slag Men

No?

No friggin' way. BGRH is about much more than that.

On a more serious note, I think Jules and Windsock are just getting pissed off with all the crap that is going on in LL at the moment. Despite my best efforts, it is turning into a bit of a hornets nest.

It looks like the straw that broke the camels back. Getting narky with her is not the way to go, btw. Manners and civility go a long way.

Just deal with it sunshine. The lady has turned you down, she's said no. To proceed with this line of obstinance would be tantamount to rape.

Who are you exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Who are you exactly?

A new troll.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    No friggin' way. BGRH is about much more than that.

On a more serious note, I think Jules and Windsock are just getting pissed off with all the crap that is going on in LL at the moment. Despite my best efforts, it is turning into a bit of a hornets nest.

It looks like the straw that broke the camels back. Getting narky with her is not the way to go, btw. Manners and civility go a long way.

+1. There's been a lot going in there and things are a bit unsettled. Perhaps today was not the best time to troll. I know you said you were joking but you did want to get a reaction out of people.

Also, I happen to know Jules works late on Wednesdays so probably doesn't have access during work. So she's not "ignoring your pms".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

biko wrote: »
    Quoi?

If only ads.ie wasn't the first infraction option...
    i know- she's not responding to PM's. Surely there is some appeal process.

You're not giving her a reasonable amount of time. Patience goes a long way. We don't sit over our keyboards waiting for responses, you know...
    7th wrote: »
    Fair ban. I have a sister called Dules who's also a mod and if you had of spoke to her liek the way you spoke to those ladies she would have banned you too. Completely justifiable. Count yourself lucky you didn't get sitebanned. But thats just my opinion.

Shut it, Pighead.

TLL is undergoing something of an identity crisis at the moment. Actually, no. It's been like that from day one.

Either take the bull by the horns and make a decision, or put it to the users to make their voices heard.

Otherwise it would be as well to ask Vexorg to shut it down.

All that notwithstanding, you deserved a ban, but not a permanent one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Plan_D

iVenus.

That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

That DID NOT warrant a ban! Jeez Louise, someone seriously got their knickers in a twist. It was obviously tongue in cheek!

I hate that Ladies Lounge. I can't think of the word to describe it. It's just unbearably... ugh! I thought it'd be just lighthearted and fun but it's gettin like PI. Only stricter....

You're better off really. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

The Queen wrote: »
    That DID NOT warrant a ban! Jeez Louise, someone seriously got their knickers in a twist. It was obviously tongue in cheek!

I hate that Ladies Lounge. I can't think of the word to describe it. It's just unbearably... ugh! I thought it'd be just lighthearted and fun but it's gettin like PI. Only stricter....

It started off as a fun proposal, "Lipstick & Control Pants" IIRC, with an accompanying light hearted thread on Forums.

Now it's discussions on Femininity and warnings about OT posting at every hands turn.

PI is justifiably strict btw, I'm sure you weren't implying it shouldn't be, but...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

Oh obviously PI should be strict! I didn't mean it shouldn't be, and those PI mods have a seriously hard job which they do very well.

But TLL..... There doesn't seem to be a need to be totally strict. It takes the fun out! Well. The fun is gone. But ya know what I mean.

And some of the stuff discussed there makes me feel sick :( and I'm a girl!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

The Queen wrote: »

That's not entirely fair. Yes, some threads have derailed slightly but there is threads that have stayed lighthearted and chatty. They're not all feminist and/or relationship rants.

Okay- hands up I'm guilty.

But as to the original title of the thread- this does not warrant a perm ban- now what can I do about it? I've pm'ed Jules, I guess I'll have to wait for her say.

exactly. It'll all be still there if and when you get back in, and the whole absence thing will give you that "bad boy" image the ladies seem to enjoy so much.

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I like to think of the L.L. as a PMT Quarantine Zone. Best to stay clear of it, lest they take possession the remote control. Which is a bit like giving hand grenades to a monkey if you ask me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

I think its a bit harsh but it's the ladies lounge like. For wimmins chat n stuff like. I don't think you should have said that. Jules seems cool to me so maybe you should have waited for a response untill tomorrow and then started a thread. Apologise, you were wrong. I get the impression she was trying to stomp out all the nonsence in there.

Advertisement