Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This does not warrant a permanent ban.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

watna wrote: »
    That's not entirely fair. Yes, some threads have derailed slightly but there is threads that have stayed lighthearted and chatty. They're not all feminist and/or relationship rants.

I know they aren't all. Sorry for generalising! Just as a whole, I think the forum could take it easy. Be more relaxed! But that's just what I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Funny how few people ever accept that they deserve a ban for general muppetry.

Yes it does warrant a permanent ban. Calling women in general whores is neither nice or funny no matter how you try to convince yourself that it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

General muppetry!!!

Jaysus I love those words,I really do.

let me say them again... You have been banned for general muppetry

When the cat sprays the sofa YET AGAIN, and Ii plant a foot under his tail and propel him out the back door and he gives me that "look".....

General Muppetry cat ,thats why you are kicked out.

General Muppetry you fleabag.... now piss off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Yes it does warrant a permanent ban. Calling women in general whores is neither nice or funny no matter how you try to convince yourself that it is.

if it is said in a serious tone- I agree. But the thread title was what the hell is with Valentines and slagging valentines in general. it was lighthearted- I thought LL was along the same lines as after hours, would you slap a ban on pighead for calling women's whores if said in general banter? I qualified the statement and it was an obvious joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

SetantaL wrote: »
    if it is said in a serious tone- I agree. But the thread title was what the hell is with Valentines and slagging valentines in general. it was lighthearted- I thought LL was along the same lines as after hours, would you slap a ban on pighead for calling women's whores if said in general banter? I qualified the statement and it was an obvious joke.

Actually yes if I were an AH mod which I am not and never will be, I would still slap a ban on anyone called women whores and being pighead would not be a get out of jail card. It being an obvious joke is no excuse either.

As for LL being along the same lines as AH, that's actually no excuse. You got banned from LL. Suggesting that had you done it in AH you wouldn't have been banned is not a reason for you not to be banned from any other forum on boards.ie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Windsock i owe you 20 quid i thought the first feeback thread would be for you!

Let me first apologise for not getting back sooner, i do have a job.. unfortunately. and no its not a permanent ban, my mistake. If you ask a few other people i sent pms to this morning they will all agree i was all over the shop, I so i hit the wrong bloody reason, yes i fail at this but im not too well atm, an no its not due to "womans problems". But it is a one week ban. I was fairly shocked myself when i re-read the pm. I'm not too harsh with the old ban stick tbh.

So apologies again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

\o/ for happy endings! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Jaysus... Take a bow there Jules... fair play now woman.

Well said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

In the absence of 6th... jules she's so hot right now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Hat off, Jules. Didn't know you had it in you - you didn't, did you? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Nice resolution.

And i thought 7th was a rereg, or would of that been to obvious!?

Not a rereg, a duplicate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Plan_D

Not a rereg, a duplicate.

That makes no sense. "Duplicate" of what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

re-reg: user gets banned, registers again = bannable
    duplicate: non-banned poster starts posting again = not necessarily bannable, unless you use the alt - or duplicate - account to act the mickey.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Jules wrote: »
    , i do have a job..

Which you get paid on average 25% less than somone that has a penis* would get paid for the same work..

:D :P

*strap-ons dont count

Plan_D wrote: »
    That makes no sense. "Duplicate" of what?

Jesus Merc, you of all people should make the distinction.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

snyper wrote: »
    Which you get paid on average 25% less than somone that has a penis* would get paid for the same work..

*strap-ons dont count

do shut up.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Now that's a lady.

Setanta, get in here and grovel some more. Get the ban down to 7 days. :p

do shut up.

:rolleyes:

Still upset i dont believe in Jesus?.

Let it go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Respect, Jules!

I'd like to make a complaint, i have sent the op a pm and he still has not replied... I WANT JUSTICE!

Jules wrote: »
    I'd like to make a complaint, i have sent the op a pm and he still has not replied... I WANT JUSTICE!

:D Hes Ignoring you... sulking in the corner..

Playing hard to get :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

snyper wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Still upset i dont believe in Jesus?.

Let it go.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Fair play to ya Jules. Its nice to see a mod coming in here and stating that they are after all only human despite what the masses think.

I knew there was someone else here as honest as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

muffler wrote: »
    Fair play to ya Jules. Its nice to see a mod coming in here and stating that they are after all only human despite what the masses think.

I knew there was someone else here as honest as me.

Smirk away with your smart comments, but all human mods are being phased out. Lolcats are being upgraded, too.

cat%20robot.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Is that Ruu? ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

OP.... pffffffffffffff you know what these wimmins are like, eh? :rolleyes:

DeV.
    Fair dues Jules, continuing the tradition of wrecking my head in 2008 in terms of happy ending Feedback Threads.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

DeVore wrote: »
    OP.... pffffffffffffff you know what these wimmins are like, eh? :rolleyes:

You do know that eventually you will have to pay for comments like that....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

This thread should be made into a movie. :)

Advertisement