Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This does not warrant a permanent ban.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

All I can say is thanks. That's fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

SetantaL wrote: »
    All I can say is thanks. That's fair.

especially after you were obnoxious and threw your toys out of the pram...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

especially after you were obnoxious and threw your toys out of the pram...
    Well he did wait about two minutes for a reply to his PM before he started this thread.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

I think the OP was right in his rant. i am starting to feel like this forum should be made private so the moderators can vet anyone before the post. it was save a lot of wear and tear on the ban stick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

There is already a private forum, for ladies only and people they deem good enough to post in it.

We hardly need another one do we?

Why not merge them?

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

DesF wrote: »
    There is already a private forum, for ladies only and people they deem good enough to post in it.

We hardly need another one do we?

Why not merge them?

is there, i am obviously not deemed good enough :D

merge them so, from what i can see they dont like anyone posting there unless they have the EXACT same opinion as the core members, they dont want randomers to come to their beer meet ups but they are posting in a public forum. I appears to me, that the majority of posters do not want to belong to the rest of boards. so make it private :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

irishbird wrote: »
    I think the OP was right in his rant. i am starting to feel like this forum should be made private so the moderators can vet anyone before the post. it was save a lot of wear and tear on the ban stick

What difference does it make to you? You've said a few times that you don't like the forum or the people who post there so why do you care?

Jules apologised. The OP wasn't permanently banned, just banned for a week, so how was the OP right?

EDIT: It was never said that the LL meet ups didn't want randomers to come to the meet-ups. It was asked could the first one be men-free. I didn't agree with that but I saw where people were coming from. Some people were nervous about meeting up with strangers and would prefer it to be girls only. And, a lot of the girls who came to the beers I didn't know from the ladies lounge, so they were randomers.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

kyub wrote: »
    This thread should be made into a movie. :)
    A chick flick, obviously.

My faith in the humanity of mods has been restored by this thread. But dont make LL private. If you do all us culchie women who dont get invited in wont even know its there and then we'd have nothing at all to complain about. Dont deprive us, for pitys sake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

It should be open to all. Just because folk cant either decide what they want in a forum, or how to get along with one another is no reason to give up on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

op had a problem, that problem is now fixed. I suggest the thread be locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

tbh wrote: »
    op had a problem, that problem is now fixed. I suggest the thread be locked.

funny-pictures-cat-approves.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

irishbird wrote: »
    is there, i am obviously not deemed good enough :D

merge them so, from what i can see they dont like anyone posting there unless they have the EXACT same opinion as the core members, they dont want randomers to come to their beer meet ups but they are posting in a public forum. I appears to me, that the majority of posters do not want to belong to the rest of boards. so make it private :cool:

seriously build a bridge and get over it. :rolleyes:first time meet up it was preferred ladies only. Some people were nervous about it, its hardly a criminal offence to have made it women only. Let it go.

OT thought the original post was funny myself, tongue in cheek.

maple wrote: »
    seriously build a bridge and get over it. :rolleyes:first time meet up it was preferred ladies only. Some people were nervous about it, its hardly a criminal offence to have made it women only. Let it go.

OT thought the original post was funny myself, tongue in cheek.
    Now I dont know but isnt irishbird an Irish Bird?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

KtK wrote: »
    Now I dont know but isnt irishbird and Irish Bird?

Do you mean an Irish bird rather than and? :confused:

Maybe my use of word ladies confused you? To clarify, the first LL meetup was preferred to be women only. Some people didn't mind if the lads came, some did. In the end it was ruled women only attending. Not the hate crime of the century.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sexist O.o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Aww, I missed the party. Send the cash over Jules :)

I didn't realise so many people had issues with womens issues though.

Can't please all of the people all of the time....should be our motto, seeing as this is the only forum specifically aimed at Women, we try to accomodate for as many as we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

maple wrote: »
    In the end it was ruled women only attending. Not the hate crime of the century.

It is. I feel totally and completely humiliated and excluded. Exclusion is the epitome of bullying. The one boards beer where there would be guaranteed to be plenty of talent and I get an exclusion order. Typical. :mad:

I'm going to host a boards beer of my own, and I'm inviting nobody. Ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Slow coach wrote: »
    It is. I feel totally and completely humiliated and excluded. Exclusion is the epitome of bullying. The one boards beer where there would be guaranteed to be plenty of talent and I get an exclusion order. Typical. :mad:

I'm going to host a boards beer of my own, and I'm inviting nobody. Ha!

So your going to post in BGRH then?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

So your going to post in BGRH then?

Sure that place is even more exclusive than TLL. They don't even allow some men (real men) to post there. No mention of milk, weights, workouts or running allowed. Only male 'Mary Harney' types allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Jules

Look how many new member do we have posting in there, we don't not like randomers coming in, we like it, we have probably more meet ups than any other forum, meeting every week for coffee, and drinks or the cinema. We have very few old skool poster in the lounge, so how can you say we dont like randomers.

People really need to get a fucking grip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46,104 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Jules wrote: »
    People really need to get a fucking grip.
    No pun intended? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Slow coach wrote: »
    Sure that place is even more exclusive than TLL. They don't even allow some men (real men) to post there. No mention of milk, weights, workouts or running allowed. Only male 'Mary Harney' types allowed.

I disagree obviously, we have no problem with such types posting there, it's just that we like to make fun of them! As for the 'Mary Harney' bit, I have met a few of the brothers and while few (i.e. none) would win a beauty contest they're not that repulsive!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Sand+vaginas= all of you lot !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I have met a few of the brothers and while few (i.e. none) would win a beauty contest they're not that repulsive!
    :eek:

I am SO gorgeous.

:mad::mad:

DesF wrote: »
    :eek:

I am SO Metro.

:mad::mad:

Fixed;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

The vet Fixed me;)
    Amen

Degsy wrote: »
    Hymen

Take it to the ladies lounge!

Take it to the ladies lounge!
    Do! I havent seen one of them in years.

KtK wrote: »
    Do! I havent seen one of them in years.

Well, Degsy is a virgin!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Well, Degsy is a virgin!

don't be ridiculous, loads of men have fu..... oh wait, not the dome.

Advertisement