Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coffe in Java,Aungier Street

Options
  • 06-02-2008 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Yesterday and today I had a coffee (latte) from Java and felt strange afterwards.I noticed this feeling before,a few months back.Maybe its my mind playing tricks on me as I'm not feeling sick but I do feel different after I drink from there ie double heart-beats every couple of beats and feeling somewhat empty.

Does anybody get this feeling?I notice it particularly when I drink from that coffee shop so this raised my suspicions

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭dbs_sailor

could be palpitations from a lot of caffine in strong coffee? get it checked if your worried me auld son. i get them very seldomly.... switch to decaf maybe??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Yes,I heard that coffee can give you heart palputations.I never get this feeling when I drink in other coffee shops though.Right now the feeling is wearing off.

Do you think these effects would have a bad effect on a persons heart.Does coffee have a cholesterol building issue with it?Is it normal to last a few hours even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

coffee is not good for palpitations and for blood pressure as well..dont drink it so much...
    I dont think it doesnt effects the cholesterol in your blood though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Serpentine

Yep thats coffee speeding up your heart beat, caffeine is also directly linked to panic attacks so if you're prone to them cut down on caffeine or quit completely (something I can never do!!) Do you go for the extra strong roast in Java? If yes, switch to the milder one if theres an option to! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Liadan Barry

Im a big caffine feind normally, but I took two jobs a couple of summers ago, one day 9-5 and on straight after at night. both fast moving jobs where you need to pay attention and think fast. I started drinking alot of coffee and boost. I recon I was on a litre of boost, five cups of coffee and a bottle of coke during first job and at night a small bottle of boost and coffee. my heart started doing that permanently. it's normally ok if it's only every now and then, but if it gets anymore, you're gonna start gettin panic attacks and they are REALLY hard to get over. but I think conanm and serpentine are right, cut down and you'll be grand. do you smoke aswell...? That always makes it worse for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Thanks for the responses folks,

I haven't drank coffee since last week and my heart feels fine.It isn't racing or beating mad but the odd time I do feel it beating normally with a double beat every few beats.There is history on my mothers side so I deem it worthwhile getting it checked out in future.My diet moderates a lot from going through a period of not eating healthily to having a very healthy diet.

Strangely enough,I used to suffer from the occasional panic attack when in situations where a person was very close to me explaining things.Now I don't tend to suffer from them or at least they are benign compared to past attacks.They subside a lot quicker that its as if I wasn't having them but these occurred before I ever drank coffee regularly.

I only started drinking coffee 2 years ago when I went to Italy and since then I have drank coffee regularly.Although its not straight coffee that I drink,I usually have a tall vanilla latte as I don't particularly like the taste of brewed black coffee.I don't experience my heart beating as fast from when I drink in other coffee shops as well so maybe the caffeine content in Java is higher than those other shops.

I'm just wondering if anybody has experienced this too?

Also,I don't smoke and I never have really apart from the very odd occasional smoke.I was never a regular smoker so there is no worry on that front.I drank a lot last year though,drank more last year than I did in my life before that although I've cut it down big time that I've experienced noticeable weight loss in a small amount of time ie half a stone in 1 months.Also,I used to cut down on carbohydrate intake.

I'm starting to get off the point.
    My experience of drinking coffee in Java has led me to conclude never to drink coffee from there again.It seems that when I do,I start to think there is something wrong with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Johnny88

Tea Please

Advertisement