Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digitalism playing Student Bar April 10th!

Options
  • 06-02-2008 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭

01 - Electric Ents Presents Digitalism Live!

Price: €16.00

UCDEnts are delighted to announce that German Indie Electro Duo Digitalism will take to the stage @ the UCD Student Bar on Thursday, 10th April 2008.

"Digitalism is a German electro duo, founded in 2004 in Hamburg, consisting of Jens "Jence" Moelle and ?smail "Isi" Tüfekçi. They are signed to French label Kitsuné Music, and have released four singles to date: "Idealistic", "Zdarlight", "Jupiter Room", and "Pogo". Jens likens Digitalism's songs to simple chapters in a complex novel about social interaction and attraction, with distorted baselines and thumping rhythms comprising the punctuation.

Digitalism has remixed tracks for Tom Vek, The Futureheads, Daft Punk, Tiga, Klaxons, White Stripes, Monk, Depeche Mode, Cut Copy and many others, including a re-edit of "Fire in Cairo" by The Cure (entitled "Digitalism in Cairo"). Their tracks and remixes are played by DJs such as Erol Alkan, Soulwax, Boys Noize, and Justice, among others.

Digitalism is pioneering the electro-punk and indie dance movements, making appearances at festivals such as Coachella and various clubs worldwide.

Digitalism's debut album, Idealism, was released 9 May 2007 as Digitalism on Toshiba EMI Records in Japan, on May 21, 2007 on Kitsuné Music in France and on Astralwerks in North America. The album includes re-edits of the previously released singles "Jupiter Room", "Zdarlight" as well as their "Digitalism in Cairo" original re-edit of a track by the Cure which actually doesn't feature a sample from the track.

The Pogo EP was released as a single in support of the LP in May, with two alternate versions of the track."

http://ucdents.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=40&category_id=1&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=57

so like hittin this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Sweet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Yep, the support - Hystereo - is the business as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

Once again we have another big dance/electro band playing the student bar, while there hasn't been a decent rock band in ages and ages. It would be nice if the Ents lads could use some of their budget to get a big name rock band for a change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

In fairness no Ents crew could be criticized for getting an act of this calibre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

vote4pedro wrote: »
    Once again we have another big dance/electro band playing the student bar, while there hasn't been a decent rock band in ages and ages. It would be nice if the Ents lads could use some of their budget to get a big name rock band for a change.

You're joking, right?

Fun Loving Criminals, Wolfetones, Kila tomorrow night, Delorentos on Valentines day, Saw Doctors on the 21st not to mention the smaller irish bands and cover bands (stone roses tribute,antarctic monkeys etc..) that play EVERY WEEK... compared to what, this and Felix Da Housecat? I think the whole "Quinlivan is a big techno head" pettyness is beginning to wear thin. Grow up or run for Ents officer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭Alkers

I think it's more down to the acts than the promoters. Big-name electro/dance/whatever you want to call it groups are willing to play venues such as the student bar where as rock(etc...) groups aren't.
    As for Digitalism - are they any good, Zdarlight is a stomper of a tune but most of the songs I see on the Ents Crew's flashboxes etc are dodgy enough especially to be called a dance night?
    Anyone seen them before?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

vote4pedro wrote: »
    ...Do you read this forum? That argument has been done to death. Repeatedly. Twice. And, speaking as someone who intensly dislikes dance and is very fond of rock, the dance crowd make much better points. I'm not going to go into them, use your search function. I have never once seen a decent counter-argument.

The horse is dead. Please let it rest in peace, before you completely erode away it's corpse with your incessant whipping.

Fair enough, I don't see how the argument could have been flogged to death if people are still suggesting Fun Lovin' Criminals are a big rock act however I'll say no more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

They are actually pretty decent.Are they playing in town as well?

Yes Digitalism are very good, and yes they're over here to play the Button Factory (iirc) the night after, on the 11th.

• Advertisement
Advertisement