Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Favourite Event Posters?

Options
  • 06-02-2008 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭

Was heading home today and after seeing the L&H Eddie Izzard (Should be Brilliant) Poster had to take it. Not necessarily a class poster but just a really big fan so i said why not. Only did it once before and that was for a toga party by Law Soc and Had the Legendary image of John Bulushi in Animal house "Toga Toga Toga".

So What have been your favourite posters over the year/years. Have to say loved the Dirty sanchez one and the L&H one from many many mooning ago with the old womens head photoshopped on a sexy strippers body with the line reading something like 75 years and will going strong

Your thoughts please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

That L&H one was great - ah 04/05.

I'm going to go with the Arts Fundraising poster from last year - just because of all the fecking controversy it caused and the lame ass arguments used by the womens officer to try and defend the fact she'd passed the poster as suitable.

The FKOS one of this year gets an honourable mention - could be because i'm a massive fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

The L&H gay adoption debate one was pretty funny, heightened by the fact that the first time I saw it, the guys whose head was cropped onto the pregnant body walked by just at that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Belfield Fm's obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

I liked the 3 that they did for the UCD ball two years ago. The ones that were like pictures of the night before. I still have them all hanging up on my wall. I also love the Eng ball one from 2 years back cos it has Audrey Hepburn on it and she's amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

The L&H gay adoption debate one was pretty funny, heightened by the fact that the first time I saw it, the guys whose head was cropped onto the pregnant body walked by just at that moment.
    I loved that poster. Hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

B&L osters 2004/2005. Very criticisable, but kinda funny

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

Is that the Olsen twins poster?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

gubbie wrote: »
    I also love the Eng ball one from 2 years back cos it has Audrey Hepburn on it and she's amazing
    I liked the eng ball one that Conor did with the womens profile all foliagey?Was a few years back. It made a nice change from the usual eng posters.

Hmm..... lets think.....intresting posters on campus,theres so many great C+E,B+L ones to choose from:
    The B+L one of Britney kissing Maddona
    The numerous CandE posters showing arse's and tits
    This years art soc poster of a doll like women sucking a lollipop

There all classics :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭IT Loser

panda100 wrote: »
    I liked the eng ball one that Conor did with the womens profile all foliagey?Was a few years back. It made a nice change from the usual eng posters.

Hmm..... lets think.....intresting posters on campus,theres so many great C+E,B+L ones to choose from:
    The B+L one of Britney kissing Maddona
    The numerous CandE posters showing arse's and tits
    This years art soc poster of a doll like women sucking a lollipop

There all classics :rolleyes:

Around 6 years ago the Law Soc had one about a debate on crime and criminality which featured, what appeared to be, a besuited whiteman being set upon by someone of what could be described as less than Caucasian features.

I think they took it down pretty soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭rotten_eggz

im lovin the one up at the moment for the open mic poetry events. it readds in large letters "FREE LAP DANCES" and then when look at the smaller writing it reads cancelled due to lack of interest and offers the open mic poetry event instead!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭the evil lime

I liked the L&H Art's Day puppy poster this year. Nothing to do with the motion, just a cute puppy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

There was a poster for the Eng Ball a few years back which said 'if you can't get screwed get hammered', that I rather liked.

And of course the Phil Soc's "What's love got to do with it?" Valintine's Day party which featured a happy little picture ot Cupid lying flat on his face on account of having been shot in the back with one of his arrows. I have the poster stuck up in my bedroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

There was a poster for the Eng Ball a few years back which said 'if you can't get screwed get hammered', that I rather liked.

And of course the Phil Soc's "What's love got to do with it?" Valintine's Day party which featured a happy little picture ot Cupid lying flat on his face on account of having been shot in the back with one of his arrows. I have the poster stuck up in my bedroom.

You sure that wasn#t for the Screwball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

The Engineering ball one this year is quote good, with the Maxwells equations joke.

Raphael wrote: »
    The Engineering ball one this year is quote good, with the Maxwells equations joke.

Its a joule of a poster

(Ohm no she didn't)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,447 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Before 2004 there were always great posters...then the feminists got involved :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

There's been great posters since the 'feminists' as you so nicely put it got involved.

It's more a case now that people have to use something other than the lowest of the low toilet and misogynistic humour to have a good poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

gubbie wrote: »
    You sure that wasn#t for the Screwball?

It could have been.

Advertisement