Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fridge Shelf - Where to get replacement?

• 06-02-2008 7:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

One of the shelves in our fridge is broken. Feckin management agency said we have to replace it by next week. Any ideas where to get a replacement (South Dublin)? I don't know the make of the fridge as I have to unscrew the wooden door facing on it yet (when I get a screwdriver) but it's a regular size glass shelf as far as I can see. Do White Goods stores do spares?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

just a quick suggestion, you can get great spares from recycle centres for free, if you are lucky a shelf that fits would be there, they are usually the same size anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Yea, I thought about that. I actually put a post in the Green Issues forum to ask but I'm not sure if you're allowed in to check. Will give them a ring tomorrow.

You'd think they'd be easy things to get. I'd imagine they break quite a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,715 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Eglinton wrote: »
    One of the shelves in our fridge is broken. Feckin management agency said we have to replace it by next week. Any ideas where to get a replacement (South Dublin)? I don't know the make of the fridge as I have to unscrew the wooden door facing on it yet (when I get a screwdriver) but it's a regular size glass shelf as far as I can see. Do White Goods stores do spares?

How come they gave you a deadline. Are you moving out?
    If you are looking for the brandname, try find a sticker on the inside of the door which provides the electrical rating & model of the unit, they are very often stuck just where the eye can't normally see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭John mac

try http://www.exsparetise.com/ give them a ring very fast delivery (if they have the part.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

www.quinnspares.com worth a try also.

In some fridges, the sticker with model number can be found when you pull the vegetable tray out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭TJJP

You can also take a measurement and go to a glazier. Blackrock glass on Newtownpark Avenue are one option. Tell them what its for, they will cut safety glass to size and bevel the edges. About €15 if I remember right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

byte wrote: »
    www.quinnspares.com worth a try also.

In some fridges, the sticker with model number can be found when you pull the vegetable tray out.

Indeed, and if it is a Bosch you could try BSH Appliance Care in Walkinstown on 4502655

Advertisement