Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Url

Options
  • 06-02-2008 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

What is the best way to have links on a website? I want to list several articles on a website which are stored in a database. The site will initially only be a number of static pages but every now and again an article will be added, and i was wondering what is the best way to do the hyperlinks for pages like contactus.php and articles.php?id=20 ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

I've asked this before, apparently the likes of google and that don't like "?id=10" and prefer "article/january/31/" google .htaccess or just search here, I've asked about it before and once you get your head around it it's not too confusing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭tigerforest

http://wooga.drbacchus.com/seo just read this and it appears to argue differently. It's a pain because every second source seems to contradict the previous one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,398 ✭✭✭randombar

Ya I hear ya, I guess with the trailing / it allows you to change the type of page (i.e. php to html or vice versa) and it wont mess up the google ranking

also for me ratemypub.ie/dublin/ kinda makes more sense to people rather than ratemypub.ie?countyid=10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Moved to SEO forum from Webmaster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 glengara

As the Doc says, "Another useful technique is to actually design your website with non-convoluted URLs from the start", you won't find any SEO arguing with that...

• Advertisement
Advertisement