Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most anticipated game of 08?

Options
  • 06-02-2008 8:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

id say its between prototype and unreal tournament 3!!

both look amazing!

and then theres also gta 4 and mgs4!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

GTA4. UT3 is out already, and is unfortunately a bit sh1te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

GTA IV by a long shot... Can't wait to find out details of the soundtrack, let alone play the damn thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

GTA games are crap, the first two where good but they got bollox after that. Not to mention they started to delay pc releases so ****em. There not getting my money and im not playing them...

I would like to see an 08 x-mass release of KOTOR III, roumer mill has been kicked up again now that EA own the rights...

Also Kanes Wraith is a gooden this year. Think thats about it, games have been fairly crap the past few years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Spore
    GTA IV (Pc release this year?)

Im not anticipating any of the upcoming mmo's
    They all sound fairly crap, compared to whats out. Conan may be decent. Will have to wait and see

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

- Brawl
    - GTA IV, assuming it'll actually be a significant improvement from the previous three games and have a decent story unlike SA (well it was OK, but meh)

I still have yet to buy a new console due to lack of interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

GTA 4
    Resident Evil 5 (if it makes this year)
    Alan Wake
    Banjo Kazooie
    Rainbow Six 2
    Soul Calibur (whats it up to now?)
    Condemned 2
    Ghostbusters 3
    Ninja Gaiden 2
    Street Fighter 4
    Tom Clancys End War
    Mario Kart Wii

All I can think of now!!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭death1234567

GTA IV - Its going to be the greatest game of all time (so far). Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I'm really looking forward to Heavy Rain, Far Cry 2, Fallout 3 and Star Wars The Force Unleashed.

And I'm cautiously optimistic about Dead Island, Fable 2 and Alan Wake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Metal Gear Solid 4

nothing else will even come close

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Fallout 3
    MGS4
    SSBB

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

GTA IV, my social life will go down the drain the second i get my hands on this.
    Lost Odyssey is another one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

GTA IV - Its going to be the greatest game of all time (so far). Fact.

Why?

i have seen a trailer or two but to save me reading pagea and pages, can you (or someone else) bulet point for me what makes this game so good?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

MGS4
    GTA4
    Final Fantasy 13 (It's out in Japan this year anyway, not sure when we get it, probably about 5 years)
    Spore (Please god, let it actually be released this time)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

humanji wrote: »
    Star Wars The Force Unleashed.

Actually, i'm calling this one now, it'll be average at best.

Don't get me wrong, the tech behind it is pretty amazing, but i'm wary of any game thats done nothing but show us tech demos and little else.

Personally, Brawl and MarioKart Wii is about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

User45701 wrote: »
    Why?

i have seen a trailer or two but to save me reading pagea and pages, can you (or someone else) bulet point for me what makes this game so good?
    • freedom

I'd say GTA IV as well. Its the only game that i've ever played where i'd start it up just to hop on a chopper and drive around for an hour just listening to the radio. Great game with endless possibilities. A GTA MMO would be AWESOME!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Prototype's going to kick ass alright. I'm also looking forward to MGS4 & GTA IV.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Not a mention of StarCraft II? Its gonna be incredible!

Aside from that:
    Smash Bros Brawl
    Mario Kart Wii
    GTAIV on pc, which doesnt really count for this year
    Spore
    Fable 2. Again, pc version, and again unlikely this year.

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Guitar Hero 4 !!! :P :D

Oh..and eh....Fallout or something is it called ? that looks sweet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

L31mr0d wrote: »
    A GTA MMO would be AWESOME!!!

I agree

As for most anticipated game, I have to be predictable and pick GTA IV too. Especially after seeing the most recent trailer and hearing about the gameplay improvements.

Other games to look forward to are Little Big Planet, MGS4 and Fallout 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Aldebaran wrote: »
    Metal Gear Solid 4

nothing else will even come close

You speak the truth. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Considering how much I loved Banjo Kazooie originally I gotta say that that's the one I'm looking forward to assuming Resi doesn't make it out. Also, if Gears 2 is really coming out on the 30th of december that'd be top 3 material

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

MGS 4
    Lost Odessey
    odin sphere
    halo wars
    rainbow six vegas 2
    c and c kanes wrath

I know for a fact theres others im looking forward to but just cant remember now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ArmedResponse

forgot about fallout 3!-Looks amazing

Mgs4 i believe the demo will be released on the american PSN store this week!cant wait:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Actually, i'm calling this one now, it'll be average at best.

Don't get me wrong, the tech behind it is pretty amazing, but i'm wary of any game thats done nothing but show us tech demos and little else.

Well, I'm a huge Star Wars fan, so it doesn't really matter if the game is as good as it claims it will be. Just as long as I can pretend to use the force for a little while, I'm happy :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

TPD wrote: »
    Not a mention of StarCraft II? Its gonna be incredible!

I don't think so. The fans have such a strangle hold on blizzard that SC II is basically just going to be a graphically improved SC I. They have already scrapped multi-monitor support. A travesty in this day and age when the likes of SupCom and WiC offer support for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kevthecelt

I cant believe no one has mentioned resident evil 5!! End of march!!!! Its going to be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

End of March 2009?
    Definitely not next month, and you'll be lucky to see it released in Japan by the end of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I don't think so. The fans have such a strangle hold on blizzard that SC II is basically just going to be a graphically improved SC I. They have already scrapped multi-monitor support. A travesty in this day and age when the likes of SupCom and WiC offer support for it.

Why'd you even need dual monitor support for StarCraft II?
    Infact how many people do you reckon have a dual monitor setup anyway, seems like a luxury rather than any sort of essential feature.

Besides, you say "graphically improved StarCraft" like it's a bad thing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

• GTA IV I'm really looking forward to and will be buying a console just for this :)
    • Soul Calibur 4 is a very VERY close second (I fupping LOVE the Soul Blade/Calibur series).
    • Spore - saw the video for that oh so long ago with everyone else and my jaw hit the floor.

[aside]
    Dual monitor support in an RTS - you know I'd never thought of it before and it makes a HELL of a lot of sense. There are a fair load of people with more than 1 monitor (I'm one of them) and I see it making micro management a lot easier.

That said, I was never a cult fan of SC the way most of it's fans are, I found it to be an enjoyable game none the less and will give it a lash when/if it comes out :)
    [/aside]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

No one for Left 4 Dead ? =(

Advertisement