Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most anticipated game of 08?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Mgs4 i believe the demo will be released on the american PSN store this week!cant wait:D

You sure, I doubt a demo is that close.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

GTA 4
    Spore
    Rock Band (I know its already out but me can no get it :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Duke Nukem Forever

Edit:
    and for xbox owners there will also be Duke Nukem 3D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ArmedResponse

yup a playable demo of mgs4 was sent to major game mags last month and its due for release next week for us normies!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I just wanted to add Borderlands to my list. For the love of god, it's got half a million guns in it to choose from!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Quake Live (Zero...)
    Spore
    God of War 3

🤪

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

not half a million guns its actually a near infinate number of combinations of rounds, mags, add-ons etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Spore
    Rock Band
    GTA IV

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Why'd you even need dual monitor support for StarCraft II?
    Infact how many people do you reckon have a dual monitor setup anyway, seems like a luxury rather than any sort of essential feature.

Besides, you say "graphically improved StarCraft" like it's a bad thing.

Have you played an RTS with multi-monitor support? Going back to only one screen feels like the dark ages, and 2 monitors isn't really a luxury anymore. It nearly costs more to buy one 24" monitor than to buy 2x19" monitors.

Like Kharn said, it allows you to micro manage multiple groups of units a lot more easily. You could set one monitor to your base another to your offensive units...

Also, I say "graphically improved" the same way i'd say Crysis is a "graphically improved" version of Far Cry. Rehashing the same old game with better graphics does not make that same old game any better, gameplay wise.

Try out multi-monitor support in SupCom or WiC and then come back to me and tell me it isn't needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Have you played an RTS with multi-monitor support? Going back to only one screen feels like the dark ages, and 2 monitors isn't really a luxury anymore. It nearly costs more to buy one 24" monitor than to buy 2x19" monitors.

Like Kharn said, it allows you to micro manage multiple groups of units a lot more easily. You could set one monitor to your base another to your offensive units...

Also, I say "graphically improved" the same way i'd say Crysis is a "graphically improved" version of Far Cry. Rehashing the same old game with better graphics does not make that same old game any better, gameplay wise.

Try out multi-monitor support in SupCom or WiC and then come back to me and tell me it isn't needed.

It isn't.
    It's just a nice feature, but the game still plays perfectly well without it (At least in SupCom, i found), it's nice if you have the monitors but the lack of it isn't any sort of deal breaker.

Besides, i still say the amount of people with dual monitors is quite small, lets face it outside of a few RTS's what would you use it for? Coding and such mostly, but most games have no need for more than one screen.

And i'd be very slow to call StarCraft II the same with better graphics, seeing as most of the units are getting replaced and/or overhauled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Nothing else matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

Fifa 09

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Spore.

Also Spore.

And Spore too.

As usual, tycho is right on the money:
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/02/15

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭DILLIGAF

Left 4 Dead
    MGS4 :O DEMO????THIS WEEK?????WHAT???? :D:'( :') :O :/ XD such s mixture of emotion!!
    Silent Hills 5 (maybe 2009)
    GTA4
    Spore

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

Spore.

Also Spore.

And Spore too.

As usual, tycho is right on the money:
    http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2008/02/15
    Wouldn't get my hopes up too much. Didn't they find that people got bored in playtests? So they they dumbed the game down a bit.

It coud be the best game ever or it could be a "The Sims 13: Alien Mutants".

Hurph!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 agent 47

Mostly I'm looking foward to MGS4 and GTA4. There is also the new Splinter Cell, Prince of Perisa(but i think that's 2009),Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, End War and Gears of War 2

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

id completely disagree that dual monitors is a benefit :/

if it was it would be used widespread...

I'm unsure about starcraft2 tbh... obviously going to be heavily relying on old starcraft fans more then grabbing in new players.

It is going to be the no.1 pro game played by a long shot...mainly cause of its name...

As for games this year

GTAIV
    Rainbow 2
    world in conflict 360 version
    gears of war 2
    starcraft 2 ( ill have to give it a shot)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sputnicks

GTAIV - all the way

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

can anyone point me in the direction of a website where I'd find a list of stratergy games coming out this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Hornd

No one else for HAZE.

Im really looking forward to it. Itll probably be the most complete package for a FPS on the playstation. 4 player split screen and co-op, play the main game over the internet with friends, loads of guns, great storyline.

Looks class.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Alone in the Dark 5. The real world tech demos looked amazing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

For me it would have to be Fable 2. I just hope it will be released and has just half of the stuff they are promising

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've got really high hopes for Fable 2. If only just to have a realistic dog as a companion. Anyone who leaves their dog behind when he's injured has a heart of stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tomred1

GTA IV and Gear of war 2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Bah, how did I forget-

World of Warcraft: Wrath of the lich king

We all know its going to outsell most (if not all) other games in 2008

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭ToughyIRE

Mercenaries 2

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've just heard about Mirror's Edge, which goes on my list. It's basically a Parkour game with people trying to kill you. looks pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Operation Flashpoint 2!!!!

(And GTA4)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I assume gta4 will be a 09 release on pc?

vegas2/Left4Dead seems interesting/Gears2.

New Splinter Cell.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

humanji wrote: »
    I've just heard about Mirror's Edge, which goes on my list. It's basically a Parkour game with people trying to kill you. looks pretty cool.
    So it's pretty realistic then :D

Advertisement