Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Plotting from Autocad

• 06-02-2008 8:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

Having a slight issue with a customer...

Basically he bought a HP Deksjet 450C Plotter to print drawings from Autocad (V. 2004). I installed the plotter via Windows (XP Pro SP2) using the most recent drivers from the HP website and over LPT cable connection.

Now the drawings are printing perfectly fine except I have to fiddle around with the settings in Cad everytime I print something, the problem is that its taking approx 15-20 minutes to get the drawing to spool to the printer(internal 32Mb memory). The average drawing being sent to the printer is about 2.5mb..

Is there something I need to tweak in Cad to sort this out?. Does Cad happyily work away with the windows printer drivers or do I need to create some sort of Cad profile for it?.

Cheers for any info, totally lost on this one....

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

if all else fails then install pdfcreator from sourcefourge
    print the cad drawing to pdf and the use acrobat or foxit to print the pdf. If nothing else it will tell you if it's CAD or printer problem.

did you mean Deskjet A4 or Designjet A0 ?
    both are Parallel port IIRC so check that the Port is setup as EPP/ECP in the BIOS or it will be slow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

No expert but,

Sounds like the printer is usng the PCs memory to spool.
    In our HP program, theres an option to either use computer memory or printer memory. If you change it to printer memory, it should work AFAIK

Advertisement