Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ah no, warning light/test tomorrow

Options
  • 06-02-2008 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Was driving home from work and all of a sudden a warning light came on my display board, yellow one, not blinking or making any noise....had a look at the manual and it is an engine issue with the electrics... So, I guess I will fail my test straight off if I use my car in my test tomorrow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I dunno if it will be classed as a fail but as far as I know you won't be taken out if they see the light.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Holsten wrote: »
    I dunno if it will be classed as a fail but as far as I know you won't be taken out if they see the light.

Insulating tape over the warning light. Happy days. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Its your ECU telling you that there is something wrong with your engine. It is explained in detail on the boards. Depending on your car, if you disconnect the battery or take a certain fuse out it can clear the ECU if there really is a problem.

Also you could just lye and say that you had a someone look at it and its not a problem. (wouldn't recommend it ! the light dose not come on for nothing !)

Get a lone of another car, ring your insurance, as for a temp- change of car till say tomorrow etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

msg11 wrote: »
    Its your ECU telling you that there is something wrong with your engine. It is explained in detail on the boards. Depending on your car, if you disconnect the battery or take a certain fuse out it can clear the ECU if there really is a problem.

Also you could just lye and say that you had a someone look at it and its not a problem. (wouldn't recommend it ! the light dose not come on for nothing !)

Get a lone of another car, ring your insurance, as for a temp- change of car till say tomorrow etc...

Take your test in a Yaris so they can't see your instrument panel ;)

Let us know what you did and how you get on though. Good luck with the test.

Advertisement