Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nice big fast jap cars

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

trellheim wrote: »
    the thread title is big fast jap cars ...

an LS400/430/460 ticks all the boxes .... the LS400 is cheap as chips for what you get and with 120,000 miles all you have to do is change the oil.

That car should come with a pipe, a walking jacket and a small dog. Its just not a young persons car.. And its an automatic!!! i.e. you cant really drive it!

The galant is very nice though... maybe a bit big..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

trellheim wrote: »
    the thread title is big fast jap cars ...

an LS400/430/460 ticks all the boxes .... the LS400 is cheap as chips for what you get and with 120,000 miles all you have to do is change the oil.

if you want acceleration get an old Evo or a skyline and pay the hefty insurance ... the LS400 is dirt cheap to insure.

LS400 is a lovely comfy car, reliable, and dirt cheap with moderate acceleration and a high top speed. The engine is virtually silent, only heard when pushed. The automatic gearbox is a standard 4 speed. The suspension is very very soft, designed mainly with the US market in mind, making for a very comfortable motorway cruiser.

Downside is there is masses of bodyroll when cornering and lots of nose dive when braking. It's thirsty doing about 20mpg, and it also is liable for the top rate of motor tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭cfitz

TJJP wrote: »
    How about this for a curve ball...

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=872448

Mitsubishi Galant Saloon
    2.5 V6 Elegance 7.9s 137mph 158bhp

There is the VRT to consider, and road tax to pay, but you could try an offer on it.

Yeah that looks like a good one, thanks. Do you know how them stats would compare with a Nissan Maxima 2.0 V6? coz I was looking at one of them yesterday but I think I prefer the look of that Galant. It's difficult to find the specs for older cars.

Advertisement