Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edit an ActionScript 3 component

Options
  • 06-02-2008 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭

I want to edit the combo box component in Flash CS3. More specifically I just want to edit the cellRenderer which draws each cell, so that each individual cell of a List can display it's own font.

I've edited the as3 component source files, basically just inserted a few traces to see if when come compile time and run time, when a list is being drawn on stage the traces would let me know if I was editing the right files but nothing came up in the output.

I'm editing the files in
    C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS3\en\Configuration\Component Source\ActionScript 3.0\User Interface\fl\controls\listClasses

but any changes have no effect.

How exactly does one modify these classes and components which come bundled Flash ?

Advertisement