Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First car Peugeot 206. A few issues.

Options
  • 06-02-2008 9:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

I have just bought my first car and am learning how to drive and maintain the car at the same time so excuse me if I sound a bit simple.
    The display for the radio/clock in the car has just stopped working. The car is Peugeot 206 1.4 GLX model with a 2000 reg. I have googled the problem and the info I got seems to suggest the bulbs being the display are blown. There are four of them as I have managed to remove the center panel. Does anyone know what the bulbs are called and where I could find them?
    I am missing the cover for my right hand side wing mirror which I would like to replace. Any idea where I might get a spare. It looks like it would just clip on.
    Finally, I only received one key with the car. It is an electronic key but I would like to get a spare. Any idea about getting a spare without referring to Peugeot themselves as I have heard they are expensive.
    All suggestions welcome

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

nfoody wrote: »
    I have just bought my first car and am learning how to drive and maintain the car at the same time so excuse me if I sound a bit simple.
    The display for the radio/clock in the car has just stopped working. The car is Peugeot 206 1.4 GLX model with a 2000 reg. I have googled the problem and the info I got seems to suggest the bulbs being the display are blown. There are four of them as I have managed to remove the center panel. Does anyone know what the bulbs are called and where I could find them?
    I am missing the cover for my right hand side wing mirror which I would like to replace. Any idea where I might get a spare. It looks like it would just clip on.
    Finally, I only received one key with the car. It is an electronic key but I would like to get a spare. Any idea about getting a spare without referring to Peugeot themselves as I have heard they are expensive.
    All suggestions welcome

I would try Halfords in Blanchardson town or the Malahide road for the lights first of all. The wing mirror and flap you will probably need to go to a Peugeot Dealer.

The other suggestion would be to try e-bay for lights, part for your wing mirror.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Barlow07 wrote: »
    I would try Halfords in Blanchardson town or the Malahide road for the lights first of all.

Is this a Dublin forum??:confused:

Try micksgarage.ie for the bulbs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

nfoody wrote: »
    All suggestions welcome

The main dealer may be bit expenive so you may be able to pick up the cover at a car dismantlers like Duffy Bros on the Naas Road.

The key will be expensive. You will have to bring it to the Peugeot dealer along with the VIN as well i think. Could be about €150. If no one else is using the car would just get a non-chip key cut in a key-cutter for bout €10. It wont start the car but will open the doors in case you lock your keys in.

Good luck with learning to drive buddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 nfoody

Thanks for the tips. Will check them out.

Advertisement