Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speed and Dcs with BT?

Options
  • 06-02-2008 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

Got a DC tonight - and one or two others during the week. Thought it may be related to the iStream speed increase. But I had a look at my router and saw this ...
    WAN Port Statistics:
    Link Status: Up
    Upstream Speed: 384 kbps
    Downstream Speed: 2976 kbps

I'm on a 3Mb Connection already - why has the speed dropped from 3072 to that? Anyone else noticed this?

And before it's asked - yes it did say 3072 before :p

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,287 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Macros42 wrote: »
    Got a DC tonight - and one or two others during the week. Thought it may be related to the iStream speed increase. But I had a look at my router and saw this ...
    WAN Port Statistics:

I'm on a 3Mb Connection already - why has the speed dropped from 3072 to that? Anyone else noticed this?

Could just be noise during the sync process. Restart it and try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

WAN Port Statistics:

Its possible your service has being upgraded so your service is now between
    3MB guarnteed and up to - 8MB package BT have rolled out. I would say the router is unable to sync at anything more the 3MB, could be wrong though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Barlow07 wrote: »
    Its possible your service has being upgraded so your service is now between
    3MB guarnteed and up to - 8MB package BT have rolled out. I would say the router is unable to sync at anything more the 3MB, could be wrong though.

I'm not on one of the BT unbundled exchanges. And the router used to say 3072 so it's at least capable of that.

I'm not on one of the BT unbundled exchanges. And the router used to say 3072 so it's at least capable of that.

I was sure i was right, could have upgraded you for being such a loyal customer :), on a serious note, not sure to be honest. You could try resetting router and check it again if you havent already ?

I was in an instance in WoW so didn't. I have now and it's:
    WAN Port Statistics:
    Downstream Speed: 3008 kbps

• Advertisement

I was in an instance in WoW so didn't. I have now and it's:
    WAN Port Statistics:
    Downstream Speed: 3008 kbps

Where abouts in Dublin are you or do what exchange you are on? It looks to me as if your line or exchange was upgraded :confused:

I'm in Maynooth. Why do you say I've been upgraded? I've been on the 3Mb package for over a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

Downstream Speed: 2592 kbps

Maybe its got something to do with me putting the modem at the end of an extension in the attic instead of in the hallway.

It used to be 3092 down always....

Did the online calculation based on my SNR etc and I can get 8-10 Megs ADSL2 so bring that on, hopefully my line isn't degrading....

WAN Port Statistics:

I totally misread the first thread, your speed has gone down to what it usually was? possible noise on the line, with dsl its so hard to know.

Sorry OP.

Advertisement