Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gears of War 2 release dates.

Options
  • 06-02-2008 10:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭

Linky

UK / Continental Europe
    30 Dec 2008
    United States
    15 Nov 2008

It took 1 year for GoW1 to be ported over to PC, but maybe it will be quicker this time.... maybe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭whitetrash

Where do they get that info from? How come there hasn't been anything on any of the other million game sites?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

load of bollox! no games get released in the last week before christmas or until the first or second week of january.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

highly dubious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

Looking forward to this game,but in the highly unlikey event that it is being released after christmas its still a long way off. Hopefully the campaign is a bit longer this time

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

they should fix gears of war 1 for the pc before they even think of bringing a 2nd one out for it. Gears of War 1 for the pc is broken.

Ive tried every patch under the sun and the game still wipes save files if ye quit the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There must be something wrong with me, I thought GoW was pants. The entire screen's taken up with your own character and you can't see who you're meant to be shooting. This to me seemed like a fundamentally huge flaw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Kharn wrote: »
    There must be something wrong with me, I thought GoW was pants. The entire screen's taken up with your own character and you can't see who you're meant to be shooting. This to me seemed like a fundamentally huge flaw.

I hated GoW aswell, I bored of duck-shoot-duck-shoot-duck-shoot and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Gonzo wrote: »
    they should fix gears of war 1 for the pc before they even think of bringing a 2nd one out for it. Gears of War 1 for the pc is broken.

Ive tried every patch under the sun and the game still wipes save files if ye quit the game.

I played from start to finish on the PC with no problems at all.
    Loved it.

EDIT: Everyone who posted saying they didn't like GoW, you're entitled to your opinions, just as long as you realise they are wrong.

EDIT: I notice me & creggy were just outside of the 1337 posting time.... dang..

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭TomPich

Awesome Thanks Dude!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I guess I'm too much of an FPS head for a game like GoW to make sense for me. I *have* to be able to see everything on the screen and having your own character in the way of that makes no sense. At all. Whatsoever.

The game looks great, I'll grant you that (thankyou Unreal Engine), but meh, looks aren't important to someone who played QW on a 1MB onboard SVGA card back in the day :D
    /d_mipcap 1
    /d_mipscale 1

That is all :p

• Advertisement

Kharn wrote: »
    having your own character in the way of that makes no sense. At all. Whatsoever.

I see where you're coming from, it was a bit weird at the start, but after playing for a little while, its really the only way to have the blind firing and taking cover thing working properly. I thought it was really innovative concept (I may have led a sheltered life) and it pulled the games together really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Gonzo wrote: »

Ran fine for me. You'll get this issue with save games if you don't log into your games for windows profile. Set up an account and log in and see if the issue with the save games still happens.

I personally loved this game and its probably one of the best PC ports i've seen in a long time. Plus the PC version has a whole added chapter to the storyline (possibly the best chapter imo)

My only gripe with it was the poor start to the game. I had no clue what was going on for nearly the whole game and had to read the wiki on it to get a full picture. I thought the game was set on Earth until I read the wiki and it explains you are actually on an alien planet harvesting that glowing liquid.

Also my only worry about the second one is that it is just going to be more of the same again, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but running around in abandoned cities and dank industrial zones will get old fast. They should of closed off the story on Sera at the end of the first game and just moved Delta Squad onto another planet being harvested by humans.

L31mr0d wrote: »
    I thought the game was set on Earth until I read the wiki and it explains you are actually on an alien planet harvesting that glowing liquid.

I thought it was set on Earth until right now.....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

UK / Continental Europe
    30 Dec 2008
    United States
    15 Nov 2008

It better be region free that's all I'm saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭Fony Tenton

me too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

me too

lol... yeah its not exactly clear at all. A little 2 minute video of the backstory would of helped a lot when the game was starting. Plus it didn't make sense that humans would travel to a different planet and then build old roman style buildings... anyway, read the wiki, it pretty much fills in all the gaps.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

over the shoulder is the new fps, get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Linky

UK / Continental Europe
    30 Dec 2008
    United States
    15 Nov 2008

It took 1 year for GoW1 to be ported over to PC, but maybe it will be quicker this time.... maybe.

absolutely no chance thats the official UK date, thats marketing suicide to release something after christmas,november 30th is more likely

Advertisement