Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

US Elections-anyone tired???

Options
  • 06-02-2008 10:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

Jeez, Obama and Hillary thats all they talk about these days. Why are we so obsessed with the Americans? RTE has spent 7-8mins on the 9 o'clock news about the elections.
    I have since changed the channel!:mad:
    Who else is tired, i don't give a rats arse who wins....

Comments

It's only February, BWAH HAH HAH!

Nope, not getting tired of it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,030 ✭✭✭Lockstep

MIN2511 wrote: »
    Jeez, Obama and Hillary thats all they talk about these days. Why are we so obsessed with the Americans? RTE has spent 7-8mins on the 9 o'clock news about the elections.
    I have since changed the channel!:mad:
    Who else is tired, i don't give a rats arse who wins....

It's more a case of "Dear God, what will we do if Huckabee wins????"

America sneezes, the rest of the world catches flu.

Personally I try to follow it so as I know if I need to stock up on canned food and anti-radiation pills.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I'm interested right now

but I think I'll get bored within a month

it's only February, we have a loong way to go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

phasers wrote: »
    it's only February, we have a loong way to go
    Really? I thought it was nearly over???
    :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Ah blimey!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭joeybloggs

It's more a case of "Dear God, what will we do if Huckabee wins????"

America sneezes, the rest of the world catches flu.

Personally I try to follow it so as I know if I need to stock up on canned food and anti-radiation pills.

+1 there.

I don't want to be left behind.If Mormon becomes the new Catholic, I want to have a vast knowledge on Joseph Smith Jnr to impress my friends with.:rolleyes:

Lets just pray Romny dosn't get close.................. Bum bam bum bum bum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Ah blimey!!!

It is not even the election.

It is the two main parties among themselves picking who will be thier candidate in the elections which is in I think Nove.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

The election is in November.
    The conventions are in August (DNC) and September (GOP), thats when we know who the actual candiates are.
    The rest is between now and then.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

All you could hear on the radio yesterday was 'super tuesday' this and 'super tuesday' that!! The only super thing about yesterday was the pancakes! Can't believe this is going to go on until november!! It's almost like big brother, I don't want to watch, but I'm strangely drawn to it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

I'm sick of this election, and it hasn't even begun.
    All the television ads:

"I'm <insert name of candidate> and I approve this message."

And then the phone calls.

"Hi. I'm Mitt Romney and I would like your vote on..."

No Mitt Romney. If you really wanted my vote, you'd call me yourself instead of sending me a pre-recorded message.

I don't watch tv anymore, and I've started scanning my phone calls. I don't think I can handle 9 more months of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Prefer this than the "I didn't take any money" "OK, I took it, but it was a loan" "oh look, a fairy/motorway through tara. look at that rather than my accounts"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

im getting tired of people putting US election threads in AH.

POL-I-TICS

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

As a consequence of being in Australia, the news here tends to focus on Australian problems, generic "foreigners BAD!" news reports, and ambushed on local people who either ripped someone off, or is a teacher and a paedo. So when this crap is finally given over to some genuine world news, I turn up the tv and finally get to hear what is actually going on.
    The main reason why I havent gotten bored is that it is a really interesting close call between the Democrats at the moment. Obama is one hell of a speech maker. Clinton has a lot of sway in the major states. The trouble is that Mc. Cain is almost certain to be the Republican candidate. with this in mind, he can now turn towards the election and really agressively push himself forward as the sole candidate for the Republicans, giving him months of a headstart over the democrats.
    Hilary and Obama will have problems because there is no clear candidate as yet. Its looking more and more likey that it will be Clinton, but she still needs to push herself forward in the caucuses to confirm it and Obama is nipping at her heels.

Its interesting because it has a major impact on what happens globally in the next 4 years. Thank God that incontinent Texan moron is outta there next year, but my holy **** do we need someone competent in his stead or the world may be ****ed for another 8 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

I'm sick of this election, and it hasn't even begun.
    All the television ads:

"I'm <insert name of candidate> and I approve this message."

And then the phone calls.

"Hi. I'm Mitt Romney and I would like your vote on..."

No Mitt Romney. If you really wanted my vote, you'd call me yourself instead of sending me a pre-recorded message.

I don't watch tv anymore, and I've started scanning my phone calls. I don't think I can handle 9 more months of this.

what you should do is use Mitt Romney's web service thingy to send his staff and offices pre-recorded messages of Mitt himself. all you do is enter the number and pick the subject of the message and away you go....

now if only i could send myself one of those Scarlett Johansson "Vote Obama" calls.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,179 ✭✭✭snow scorpion

Ah blimey!!!

Nearly over? Nearly over? c008.gif

It hasn't even started in earnest yet!

Advertisement