Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser and Credit Card charges abroad.

Options
  • 06-02-2008 10:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Can anyone confirm that you are not charged any fees when you use your Laser and or Credit Card in the EU.

A friend of mine says that you can be charged some fees but for some reason he couldn't tell what fees :rolleyes:

I know you are charged outside the EU (cross border handling fee etc).

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

CC purchases are 2% of transaction. Not sure about lazer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

If you purchase something using your credit card in the Euro currency, there is no extra charge, extra charges only come in to effect when using sterling etc.
    Same goes for using ATM's.(obviously apart from possible charges from your CC company to withdraw cash).

Never used my Laser card to pay in a shop abroad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

the credit card company may not necessarily charge you more, but a lot of businesses in europe impose an extra charge if you use a credit card (this is because accepting a credit card for a transaction imposes an extra cost on the business - something like 3% extra)

Advertisement