Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

spam sellers nocking at door

Options
  • 06-02-2008 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

today two guys around at 8:00PM nock at my door and wife answer the door and they came straight in and start talking, my wife called me and they keep talking some *&£&%*&£&£*£*.
    i said what it is you r trying to say. he didnt answer straight as i was expecting. he start showing a list of people names and said these are our customers......
    so i just said guys what ever u r selling i m not interested just leave your visiting card and if i need any information i'll ring you but they left and then i ask agian but no visiting card.
    Now I m 100% sure its some sort of spam a legitimate business and no visiting card and all that rubbish…….
    If next time I ever come across to this situation what should I do? I mean call gards?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If they force their way in your front door call the Guards. I wouldn't hestiate to be honest. They could be anyone.

If they'd just a bit pushy and you step back and motion in some way that could be suggested as inviting them in then firmly ask them to leave. If that fails see my suggestion above.

Either way I might report them as suspicious to my local Garda station later on!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If someone came into the house that distracting, I'd be just as worried about the back door as the front tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If their list of customers include neighbours then they're probably insurance salesmen. I've had this before.

Advertisement