Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fraud reporting

• 06-02-2008 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

hi i recently bought a phone from a site. i sent the mone and its gone 3 weeks and i should of got it one week ago. i send emails asking for my money back but they say no it was my fault i paid for an item that doesnt ship to your country.

basicaly i did this thing before where i filled out a form over the internet and got my money back within 2 days, some fraud report thing (it was an irish site) anyone know that site?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

your going to get a load of abuse here about been stupid enough to fall for a scam online so your probably better off posting it here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=583

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

What method of payment did you use? If it was a credit card then call your credit card or bank and ask them what to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ben2k7

i thought one of ye would no the site. remember it was on tv (ad) last year! <--- prob not

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

If you used paypal, you can use the claim function and they will try to get the money back for you. As Ruu said, if you used a credit card, then call your credit card provider and see if there's anything they can do for you. Most credit cards have some sort of purchase protection if your card is stolen, but not sure what the story would be in this situation though. If you just sent them cash, or a cheque I don't think you'll have much come-back though. Possibly see if there's a consumer advice office or similar in the country where this company is based and drop them a line to see if they can do anything for you.

i used a prepaid credit card that i got for xmas

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

ben2k7 wrote: »
    i used a prepaid credit card that i got for xmas

Hmm, is there a number for them you can call? If not go with trying to contact some sort of consumer ombudsman in the country of the site. Where did you order it from? As in what country?

no, no number. does anyone know that site. its all i need. google cant find it"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭Lazare

Here's another site I found usefull in the past.

www.fraudreport.ie

Advertisement