Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vista SP1 Final?

• 06-02-2008 11:16pm

I tried downloading Windows Vista SP1 via Windows Update with the beta regkeys. It claims to be the Release Candidate but I've noticed that it doesn't have a watermark on the desktop, System Properties reports it as Service Pack 1 with no revision number and there's no timebomb. NTOSKRNL.EXE reports the following version info:

6.0.6001.18000 (longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)

So is this the final version? It certainly looks like it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

The final version is out there, that's probably it. It's being held back oficially till next month because of driver issues. Not sure about the build number of the final bt that looks like it could be it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Karsini wrote: »
    6.0.6001.18000 (longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)

So is this the final version? It certainly looks like it.

Yeah thats the RTM version. I also manged to get my mits on it and I am going to install it in a few minutes.

I heard it takes an hour and a half, is this true?

Auvers wrote: »
    Yeah thats the RTM version. I also manged to get my mits on it and I am going to install it in a few minutes.

I heard it takes an hour and a half, is this true?
    I installed a previous sp1 beta and it took less than an hour but I imagine it depends on your updates and configuration.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

rkm wrote: »
    I installed a previous sp1 beta and it took less than an hour but I imagine it depends on your updates and configuration.

Cheers mate but did the beta need any user interaction? can I leave it upgrading tonight or if I go out for a couple of hours?

Auvers wrote: »
    Cheers mate but did the beta need any user interaction? can I leave it upgrading tonight or if I go out for a couple of hours?
    No user interaction, a few restarts and it does its own thing. [unless they've changed it but I doubt it]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

jus after installin the RTM, takes about 45 minutes, only have to click on the .exe, n press "next" n away it goes all automated. works fine. hard-pressed to notice any differences...prob jus me though

You wont see many noticeable improvements apart from file copying being faster. Some early reports are that vista may be a little slower with SP1 installed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

i read that its a lot faster then sp0 on a older machine

Advertisement