Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canon XL2 from ebay???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Well, I'm bloody jealous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Ninja_scrotum

Haha I don't mean cheap cheap, I mean well below the rrp, which is somewhere around 5000....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,698 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I've bought from ebay twice for film production gear (a G5 mac for editing and a sony vx2000)

Things you need to do.

1. Check to see if the seller has good feedback. Even if its 99.5% find out what caused the .5% to drop.

2. If the seller provides a number, ring them to confirm their address and the product. It just helps to be reassured by a voice on the other end.

3. *most important* Make sure you can collect and pay in cash. And someone you know checks in with you at the agreed time.

No amount of assurances will make me willing to buy a camera and have it mailed to me from ebay.

The two people I bought from were independent and the guy I bought the camera from was fantastic, very helpful and excellent prices.

He is currently selling this:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170191459495&ssPageName=ADME:B:FSEL:GB:1123

though an xl2 for the above price is pretty sweet. Remember its sterling, and make sure you know the strength and weaknessess of the camera you are buying. I personnally would be against an xl2 unless I was getting at least a basic lighting set aswell, they are horrible cameras once you start loosing light.

I'm actually planning on picking up a sony pd170 later this month for a project I am starting in March mostly because it has fantastic sound recording and the image doesnt go to sh*t in poor light.

Advertisement