Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ibiza trouble

Options
  • 06-02-2008 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

My sisters 2000 Seat Ibiza cuts out when its cold. But when its warm its seems to run fine. Any ideas what could be causing the trouble ?

Thanks all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

anybody hazard a guess ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

Barr wrote: »
    anybody hazard a guess ?

Spark plug ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Choke not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

plugs etc general service items id say. could be sensor failure too. hard to say. Does it run at the proper higher idle when cold?

mickdw wrote: »
    plugs etc general service items id say. could be sensor failure too. hard to say. Does it run at the proper higher idle when cold?

When it runs at cold its at the higher idle , but just seems to cut out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,357 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

its a strange one and really i dont know what it is. It could be over fueling. Get it on a diagnostic machine.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,747 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Does it always cut out or only sometimes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭domania

Do the revs jump all over the place when idling? If so then it's a dirty throttle body. similar to another poster in here. Open the air filter housing and see if there is lods of creamy gunk on the valve inside. If the answer is yes then get the throttle body cleaned and you'll be sorted. This was a very common problem for me when I had a Seat Ibiza. You have to get it clean every year as part of the service or the car will act up when cold.

kbannon wrote: »
    Does it always cut out or only sometimes?

Its al the time when cold without fail

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

my vw golf is the same.. But it only happens the rare time.. When i start my car first if its cold the car has not much power till it warms up a bit.. Seat and vw nealy same car so maybe the problems related

• Advertisement
Advertisement