Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cried for Happy?

• 07-02-2008 12:15am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭

When is the last time you were so happy you cried?

It happened to me not long ago when I was overcoming the effects of a serious surgical operation, finally coming to my senses, and read a humourous poem a lad had written for me... I laughed and cried at the same time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ThatGal

Aww that's a nice story! I hope you're feeling better now! Mine's not as heart-warming but I laughed and cried at the same time about an hour ago when after spending hours at it I finally got my very stubborn printer to work!! Tears of joy and laughs of relief knowing my assignment would be handed in on time!!:) ahhh....!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

I can't remember ever laughing to the point of tears when there wasn't a toddler involved. Pathetic, I know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Saturday nigth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

happened lots (kinda) before i moved over here... a lot of people were doing and saying nice things that meant a lot to me before i left, and it would put me to tears a few times, partially cos i was so happy i was going to nz, and so happy i had such good mate, but so sad at the same time cos obviously i wasnt getting to have both the awesome things in my life at once.

other than that, i cried at a wedding recently, the bride had been through some really ****ed up **** in her last marriage, and this was like the start of a whole new happy piece of life for her, so she was quite emotional (as was the groom, and anyone there who cared about them), and they were just both so happy and stuff, i did end up crying for them :)

I cried like a baby when Liverpool won the Champions League. :o

And it wasn't a weep, it was the full alcohol-induced works, red face, red eyes, snot, the lot .... while laughing my head off at the same time.

Hope you're feeling better, Blue_Lagoon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

For my birthday this year, all my friends put together a scrap book for me. Photos, poems, tributes, paintings, drawings, letters, comics, memories...it was amazing, and friends and family from all over the world contributed. I cried my eyes out. It was the best gift ever!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Crazy Catlady

For my birthday this year, all my friends put together a scrap book for me. Photos, poems, tributes, paintings, drawings, letters, comics, memories...it was amazing, and friends and family from all over the world contributed. I cried my eyes out. It was the best gift ever!
    That nearly made me cry :)
    I tend to be moved to tears quite a lot. I'm a real "feeler" (not in the Lady J sense of the word) but I tend to get swamped by emotions really easily, whether positive or negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭takola

That's worthy of it. By far the best gift anyone can receive imo!! :)

I can't remember to be honest. It's obviously been a while!!

Hope you're feeling better Blue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Laughing until tears arrive almost happens on a daily basis, weekly at least! My friends are just too funny see?

But being so happy that I've cried...eh I dunno actually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

The school Nativity Play. Kills me every year. Last year my little girl was Mary (I was in floods), this year an Elf (no less important a role than Mary imo!). She had one line which we had both been practicing for 2 months (!) and when she did it loud and proud, I had tears running down my cheeks, giving her big thumbs up. And then when she smiled down at me, so happy with herself... well, I'm starting again!!

Be off with you Blue, upsetting me!

Mind yourself pet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

My friend's wedding at the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

On Saturday, sitting in the kop end in anfield, Liverpool up 3-0 sitting beside the man I love. Singing and chanting. I had a whole load of drink in me, It was great!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I had tears down my cheek 10 mins ago laughing at an email!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Cathooo wrote: »
    I had tears down my cheek 10 mins ago laughing at an email!

Well you have to share it now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

That nearly made me cry :)
    I tend to be moved to tears quite a lot. I'm a real "feeler" (not in the Lady J sense of the word) but I tend to get swamped by emotions really easily, whether positive or negative.

Me too. I cry at everything, not bawl my eyes out but I'd say at least once a day there's a tear over something....I like it though, there's nothing better than happy tears :) I'm a sap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭charba

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Me too. I cry at everything, not bawl my eyes out but I'd say at least once a day there's a tear over something....I like it though, there's nothing better than happy tears :) I'm a sap.

+1 I'm unbelievable. I have extremely over active emotions. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭Weidii

The last time it happened was when I got my new cats in 2005. The kittens were totally feral and hissed at and hid from anyone who came near them for the first few weeks. I was doing my leaving cert at the time, so I used to bring them into the kitchen with me while I was studying, they were good company even though they wouldn't go near you.

One day I was particularly stressed studying something in the kitchen, when my little girl cat jumps up to the table, comes over to my hand and starts bunting me and purring non stop. She just had a sudden outburst of affection towards me, and to this day she'll only sit on my lap. I was actually so happy that I couldn't help but cry :o

I know this is kinda silly, but I guess it was nice to have some feline affection thrown my way when everyone else was either stressed themselves, or stressing me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ah that's nice...animals sense things like that, she probably knew you needed some affection :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

Yesterday chatting with a friend of mine...we were laughing so much I could hardly breathe...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭milli

Last time I can remember doing that was at Christmas, watching my brother's gf play boxing on the Wii. Priceless really!

• Advertisement

One day I laughed so hard that I started to choke and I couldn't calm down enough to breathe. My face started turning purple, and I had to bang myself again against a wall to cleared my airway.
    Then I literally cried laughing so hard that I collasped in a rolling heap on the ground.

Have no idea what I was laughing about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Have you ever been on your own and remember something someone said or something you did and start laughing? Then you realise you are by yourself and this looks odd that you are laughing, but that only makes you worse?

It happened to me when I was in the Town. Thought of something, started to laugh and then couldn't stop myself. I had to run out of "public" view because I looked like a nutter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭tallaght01

Quality wrote: »
    On Saturday, sitting in the kop end in anfield, Liverpool up 3-0 sitting beside the man I love. Singing and chanting. I had a whole load of drink in me, It was great!!!

Actually, the last time I felt like crying was when I was watching that same game....as a long suffering sunderland season ticket holder :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

shinny wrote: »
    Have you ever been on your own and remember something someone said or something you did and start laughing? Then you realise you are by yourself and this looks odd that you are laughing, but that only makes you worse?

It happened to me when I was in the Town. Thought of something, started to laugh and then couldn't stop myself. I had to run out of "public" view because I looked like a nutter.

ha, i do that all the time. and i dance to my mp3 player, and i have these conversations in my head which usually involve the facial expressions of both parties. *shrugs* the only people who'll see me are either strangers i dont know/care about, or people who know me, who know well what im like anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ok I did a losery thing today and cried for like...2 seconds 'cause an argument I'd been having with a gorgeous man was dropped :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭purplegeko

Last time I cried because I was so happy was when i saw my god-daughter for the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

tallaght01 wrote: »
    Actually, the last time I felt like crying was when I was watching that same game....as a long suffering sunderland season ticket holder :mad:

Ahh poor Tallaght..

Advertisement