Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Anyone driven the new Mazda 6?

Options
  • 07-02-2008 12:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭

I took one for a test drive and it was kind of amazed at how hard the ride was, it felt more like an MX5! Came away disappointed as it is a super looking car and feels well bolted together, but could not live with it on Irish roads, God knows what the sport version will be like with its 18inch alloys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I took one for a test drive and it was kind of amazed at how hard the ride was, it felt more like an MX5! Came away disappointed as it is a super looking car and feels well bolted together, but could not live with it on Irish roads, God knows what the sport version will be like with its 18inch alloys.

What model was it? Some models have sports suspension which would be stiffer than a regular one. They may also have larger alloy wheels with low profite tyres.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

If that was the case I'd say fair enough, but it was the base 1.8 with 16inch alloys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Bee

What car do you normally drive? Perhaps you are used to a "soft" type suspension?

I fund little difference between it and a mondeo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Stevie Dakota

I dive a 5 series BMW. I don't expect the Mazda to be as plush, but I didn't expect it to be that hard riding. I did drive the new Laguna and that seemed to have a more compliant suspension set up.

Advertisement