Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

COD4 damaged disc

• 07-02-2008 12:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭

My son knocked over his xbox while COD4 was in it the disc was damaged .It has a white ring all the way around the disc.Is there any way of repairing the disc?It does play but hangs at various points during the game .Does anybody have any experience at getting replacement discs from Activision.

Just to complicate things it is the US version of the game just wondering would Activision UK/IRL replace it (for a fee of course) .Does anybody know how much they charge to do this,If they would?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

(ahem)

rent

(ahem)

swap

They wont change a US disc afaik....

My COD2 disc had to be changed actually, cost bout a tenner, even though my 360 cracked it....

:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

andyeire wrote: »
    My son knocked over his xbox while COD4 was in it the disc was damaged .It has a white ring all the way around the disc.Is there any way of repairing the disc?It does play but hangs at various points during the game .Does anybody have any experience at getting replacement discs from Activision.

Just to complicate things it is the US version of the game just wondering would Activision UK/IRL replace it (for a fee of course) .Does anybody know how much they charge to do this,If they would?

ask them and they might sort you out. if they're moany about it tell 'em you'll write a nasty blog or something. also try microsoft, not just activision. you might get further with MS...

if that fails then try the toothpaste trick. basically clean the disc with toothpaste, then clean it off with a damp cloth. may work that way, but if the scratch is anything like 360 disc scratches i've seen then you're buggered.

other then that the only advice i have is pick up a traded copy. at this stage they're everywhere.

don't do the rent/swap idea as the staff will notice the different style disc inside (assuming the staff check the discs where you are)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

get some brasso and tissue paper, bit of brasso on the tissue and rub it around the scratch, happened my tiger woods game that i borrowed from a friend, did thid to it abd hwe hasnt noticed lol...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭andyeire

Toothpaste worked so far some of the soundtrack has not come back but the game is playable.

Thanks for all your help

Advertisement