Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Waiting lists

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

110% !

I would even give you self an extra few weeks on that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I dunno. I had to wait almost a year for my test and I sat it in limerick. It says there wait time 11 weeks. I dont know how accurate that might be.
    As you probably already know, you can be bumped up the queue if you send in a request with a letter from your employer stating that you need the test to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

they seem to be accurate for cork , my son applied in november and was given a date at the start of march from SGS .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

It says there wait time 11 weeks.
    All waiting lists are quoted in dog weeks which equal 7 man weeks each so the lists are bang on.

/Edit Thanks Javaboy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Hagar wrote: »
    All waiting lists are quoted in dog weeks which are 7 times longer than man weeks so the lists are bang on.

Shouldn't that be the other way round? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Kilkenny claims 17 weeks - I was waiting 7 months, friend waited over a year for 1st test and 6 months for 2nd test with letter from job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

Raheny - 10 weeks???

that's absolute <SNIP>.

I applied last feb and sat my test on 4th jan.

my gf's ma sat hers in november and she'd about 10 or 11 month wait too.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

it can be down to luck aswell,i applied for my test nov 2006,sent in a letter from employer dec 2006...had the test 2 weeks later.
    This was in Limerick aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

jackncoke wrote: »
    it can be down to luck aswell,i applied for my test nov 2006,sent in a letter from employer dec 2006...had the test 2 weeks later.
    This was in Limerick aswell.

yeah luck can play a big part. When I went for my pre-test my instructor was telling me she had one student who applied nearly a year ago and was still waiting and his son started taking lessons with her, applied and got his test in 2 months, neither sent a letter from work. Its a big lucky dip bag.

Certain times of the year are better for getting a cancelled test then others. The few days after paddies day are good as loads of people who get a test for that time tend to cancel. Round college/school exams are good cancel test times too.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭niallfullback

Ok thanks. I just hope it comes through close enough to what they say.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Raheny - 10 weeks???

that's absolute <SNIP>.

I applied last feb and sat my test on 4th jan.

my gf's ma sat hers in november and she'd about 10 or 11 month wait too.

Raheny is 35 weeks, not 10 ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

msg11 wrote: »
    Raheny is 35 weeks, not 10 ??

oh yeah i was looking under the HGV column :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

Skibbereen says 28, I've done two tests there and I waited 7 weeks and 6 months respectively.

I was shown today from one of the papers (yesterdays) an updated list so said id upload it for all ye to have a look see. Again dont know how accurate it is. Look at the difference in Roscommon:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭rain on

I was shown today from one of the papers (yesterdays) an updated list so said id upload it for all ye to have a look see. Again dont know how accurate it is. Look at the difference in Roscommon:eek:
    Skibbereen doesn't exist at all according to that :(
    edit: unless it comes under the Cork region. If so: Filthy Lies.

rain on wrote: »
    Skibbereen doesn't exist at all according to that :(
    edit: unless it comes under the Cork region. If so: Filthy Lies.

Yep the one i noticed was Roscommon going from 31 weeks too 12 in just one month. Things dont seem to be adding up thats for sure:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Just bear in mind folks that many of the waiting time statistics refer to average waiting times in all categories. The waiting times for motorcycles, rigid trucks, articulated trucks and buses tend to be much shorter than for category B and therefore drag down the overall waiting time.

I have a suspicion that 31 weeks for Roscommon is a typo. I was toying with idea of doing it there last year and it was reported as 9 or 10 weeks then.

The table is accurate for me. My wait is 11 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Killarney, at 16 weeks is a bit optimistic IMO.I applied in late october.Got my test on the 11th march.Thats 20 weeks WITH a letter from employer.Still could be worse.....

Ok so just say the wait is 11 weeks, should I be expecting a letter after 6-8 weeks there by giving me the 4 weeks or so notice? This is what i gather by reading their website?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

As far as I can see between my friends and I, we all had to wait well over the times listed.

This was all done by applying to Tallaght and getting a letter to do it in Fonthill, all were around 5/6 months.

Advertisement