Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolutely sick to te bone.

Options
  • 07-02-2008 2:55am

I was in the arts ball tonight.Was waiting for my friend's boyfriend to come out.Her boyfriend(a cancer sufferer at the moment)They kicked him out even though he was sufferig fom leukemia(which he told them,bald head and ALL).I think that they are vindictive sick bastards for doing this.Should be ashamed.

Comments

.Apologies for being so angry.Just annoys me so much people n Galway are so ignorant of cancer suffering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

That's nasty. what kind of excuse did they give?

I haven't talked to hm proerly.Himself and his whole group of friends he was with were pretty upset.God bless his soul.Hopefully he will be with us for many years to come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Sh*t.... talk about overdoing it. that's aboslutely horrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Just because he has leukemia doesn't mean he isn't capable of messing, did they literally just take a look at him and ask him to leave, or was he actually doing something?

• Advertisement

If he did something bad or was messing about and warranted it, then cancer or not, he deserved to be kicked out.

However, if you are sure they kicked him out based on something to do with this, then that is a horrible, horrible thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You did not say why he was kicked out. You simply said he was kicked out even though he has cancer?? Are you saying he was kicked out because he had a bald head???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Did they give a reason? More info needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

You need a lot more explanation there OP.If you were waiting for your friends boyfriend to come out then i presume it was somewhere near the end of the night? Would this not mean that this guy was already at the Arts Ball a number of hours?Why didn't he get kicked out earlier? I seriously doubt the guy got kicked out for having cancer OR a bald head, id be more inclined to believe he was pissed,acting up or both and if so having cancer is no defense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Just annoys me so much people n Galway are so ignorant of cancer suffering.

Yeah, pesky Galwegians, one thing they can't stand are cancer sufferers :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bass Cadet

Just annoys me so much people n Galway are so ignorant of cancer suffering.

That's a pretty sh1tty thing to say :mad: I don't know the exact details of your friend's situation as you havn't explained it very well but you honestly think the majority of Galwegians are 'ignorant' of cancer suffering??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I shot the sheriff... but it's ok, I have cancer :rolleyes:

He was obviously acting the maggot or was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. They didn't just throw him out because he had no hair ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

JohnCleary wrote: »
    I shot the sheriff... but it's ok, I have cancer :rolleyes:

He was obviously acting the maggot or was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. They didn't just throw him out because he had no hair ffs

if he's bald that means chemo, which will mean feeling sick. was it that they mistook him being sick from chemo for being sick from drinking too much maybe? that's what i thought the OP was saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

if he's bald that means chemo, which will mean feeling sick. was it that they mistook him being sick from chemo for being sick from drinking too much maybe? that's what i thought the OP was saying.

that's what i thought too

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

That's fair enough but the OP doesn't say so what are we to think?

OP: Was he drinking? Did he get agressive with the bouncers? Did he start shouting out 'I have cancer' .... with such a vauge post no one knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Am I the only one who finds this thread funny? He obviously was thrown out for something Dazzler :rolleyes: Do you think that because someone is sick then they should be allowed to do what they want and get away with it? I find it more than funny that you come on here trying to tell us that they kicked him out because he had cancer and a bald head and that ppl in Galway are ignorant of the pain cancer sufferers .. like you are clued in some how? More than likely he was drink and acting like an idiot and then when they go to throw him out he tried to use his cancer as a sympathy card. People with illness or disability (the majority of them) want to be treated like everybody else .. if u get drunk and start acting the eejit then you get thrown out .. cancer or no cancer.

I hope your friend recovers by the way .. but silliest thread of the year imo

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭japbyrne

Give the guy a chance to explain at least.

A fine example of posting when drunk. The line about Galway people not caring about cancer is laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

japbyrne wrote: »
    Give the guy a chance to explain at least.

Meh i don't think he will.His little green light was shining a while ago so obviously not going to reply, drunken post.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I was in the arts ball tonight.Was waiting for my friend's boyfriend to come out.Her boyfriend(a cancer sufferer at the moment)They kicked him out even though he was sufferig fom leukemia(which he told them,bald head and ALL).I think that they are vindictive sick bastards for doing this.Should be ashamed.
    .Apologies for being so angry.Just annoys me so much people n Galway are so ignorant of cancer suffering.
    Quoted for posterity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

biko wrote: »
    Quoted for preposterity.

Fixored!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭majiktripp

.Just annoys me so much people n Galway are so ignorant of cancer suffering.

Yeah fu*K 'em all and let God sort 'em out I reckon, just my opinion..I am from Galway after all.
    Way to tar an entire city with the ignorance brush!

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Proxy

I'd like Dazzler to reply at least, have a say. Even if it was a drunk post, it was done with good intentions (if gone about the wrong way) and doesn't deserve a harsh slagging.

Anything to say, Dazzler? Bit more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Acidflash

Playboy wrote: »
    Am I the only one who finds this thread funny? He obviously was thrown out for something Dazzler :rolleyes: Do you think that because someone is sick then they should be allowed to do what they want and get away with it? I find it more than funny that you come on here trying to tell us that they kicked him out because he had cancer and a bald head and that ppl in Galway are ignorant of the pain cancer sufferers .. like you are clued in some how? More than likely he was drink and acting like an idiot and then when they go to throw him out he tried to use his cancer as a sympathy card. People with illness or disability (the majority of them) want to be treated like everybody else .. if u get drunk and start acting the eejit then you get thrown out .. cancer or no cancer.

I hope your friend recovers by the way .. but silliest thread of the year imo

what he said

Sorry guys.Yeah.He had been acting the prick.When I heard the story the next day and was sober, I realised he deserved it.

lmao. Posting drunk = bad. Mmmmkay?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

say it Dazzler

Galway People Are Sound

Advertisement